New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 137,174 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• i recently tried the 6.5 image to give some feedback, all was well untill it froze a few times, had to use the rear switch to get it back, also i couldn't get the fast forward or back with the ok button to work as the 6.3, is there a setting to change?

OK, thanx! But when giving feedback DEBUG LOGS are essential!!!

So, ACTIVATE LOGS in SYSTEM > LOG:

c6a5f7c6c7ad5023766c.jpg

40bf79dcd2e03bf6cf0eba2cc.jpg

Green button to SAVE and upload them here, please...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Report from our home forum:

"with osmio4kplus-PurE2-6.5-20200330_usb I am still unable to mount the drives after flashing, while osmio4kplus-PurE2-6.3-20200330_usb mounts the drives perfect.

(6.5 had time out error with HDD initialization waiting for mount, so flashed 6.3 & HDD initialization worked and mounted perfect from fstab. re-flashed 6.5 disabled auto mount again still wouldn't mount from fstab)"

terrajoe says it's fixed now... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• i change yesterday (31.03.2020) after some reports again. i test it on clean freash flashed image and it works for me. the issue comes from different output from blkid. i hope now is fixed. if not i need the output from blkid in telnet and before and after use mountmanager.

nice day @ all

• Many Thanks for the team of this fascinating image PureE2 6.5!

This is the first time i use this amazing image ! It is really Pure in everything !

I have only one problem when i use right arrow (supposed of sound increase) the channel zaps up and vice versa .
    Even though i use the button setup and extra button setup !Others are working fine...

So ; Please explain how to configure these right+/left- arrows correctly to deal with volume up/down !

• You can find it in stickies, I explained it in detail.

The trick: first undo the already assigned function to it, then assign a new one...

Btw, why would you change it? It's better as it is. You have Volume buttons for that. It's quick to get used to it, trust me... ;)

• Code
    Yesterday updated to the spark triplex 7162 version image 6.5, today on blocked. I had to do a new installation, Regards

Gigablue hd più 4 Turner 2 S2 1Sx +DTT openatv 7.3 , Golden spark triplex combo 7162 openatv 6.3, Turner 2 S2* DTTXtrend 10000 4 Turner 3 S2+ DTT, Vuduo 2 Turner 2 S2 -DTT openatv 7.3,Ottagon 4008 4k combo3 Turner 2 Sx+ DTT openatv 7.3 , hd514k combo 3Turner 2 Sx +DTT openatv 7.3 DM900 4k 2Sx+DTT openatv 7.3 ,Gigablue UHD quad 4k OpenAtv 7.3 Teamblu 7.3, opendroid 7.3,Gigablue 4k trio openatv 7.3, Teamblu 7.3, opendroid 7.3, Ustiym 4k pro openatv 7.3,Denys_os V.2.00.99

• Images that were flashed before 3.4.2020 DO need to be reflashed as too many things have changed in the meantime.
    Actually there is probably very few bytes that were left unchanged, so...(gcc 9.3 changed, many sys level libs have changed, e2 code has changed, plugins as well, gstreamer, ffmpeg.... and so on.

I do realize that this "reflash" is not really fun for the users, but I think we do post when it is needed in advance. Version 6.5 is really "bleeding edge" with latest stuff, but we do try to spare users from unnecessary trouble with reflashing whenever possible. Sadly, sometimes, it just cannot be avoided. Sorry.

As per FF/REW with VODs, ah well, the classic way in E2 is to use 1, 4, 7 for tiny, medium, coarse REW and 3, 6, 9 for slow, medium, fast FF. If we add FF/REW buttons, there is going to be a complaint why is it so small/big, whatever :), but ok, maybe sometimes in the future.
    At the moment, frankly, we do not see it as a big problem.

• Yes, it's just that some users reported that neither numbers nor FF/RW buttons work, hence the request...

I also tried with that "seek-bar" plugin that is in our feed - but it does not work at all, it's not even showing anywhere...

Strangely, in Kodi one can also press OK to get the info on the screen and then press time to jump to, like 25:55 (using number buttons) and it will jump to that time....

• Just mentioning - discovered it last night...

• Official Post

And have in mind that almost all streams today are hls and we us 5001 or 5002.

FF and RW number buttons works best with 4097 and standard enigma2 player

And longpress FF button should through up the enigma2 seekbar

• Yes, it's just that some users reported that neither numbers nor FF/RW buttons work, hence the request...

I also tried with that "seek-bar" plugin that is in our feed - but it does not work at all, it's not even showing anywhere...

Strangely, in Kodi one can also press OK to get the info on the screen and then press time to jump to, like 25:55 (using number buttons) and it will jump to that time....

Gorski have you tried oottppxx's Snackbar plugin which invokes the seekbar via a hotkey; works well for me - see https://github.com/oottppxx/enigma2/tree/master/plugins

• Could you upload the file here, please? Can't get it... Ta!

• Official Post

Here it is ;)

• Ha, that's the spirit! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• It works! Thanx for this!

I only have Pink Panther "VOD" in Ciefp's list and that is how I tested it...

I mapped the FF and RW buttons to bring up the plugin and then I have seekbar... which works...

MENU > Setup > System > RC/Keyboard > Extra button setup...

Before I couldn't FF or RW either with numerical buttons or FF/RW buttons - but now I can...

Cool! :)

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!