New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 137,252 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• The coding work is down to Delfi, Terra and Franc! Mario occasionally brings in his OSCam experience, too... ;)

My work is all the rest of it... ;)

6.2 is no longer supported properly. (Sorry, I don't have a motorised system, so...)

Even 6.3 can't be fully supported any more, due to now obsolete SSL, GCC, FFmpeg etc. (PurE2 leads the way right now and Terrajoe does a lot of work in this regard...)

6.5 is not yet stable but it is pushing the boundaries and opening up what was hitherto closed...

Since I am mentioning it, and since I am made aware of some objections to the fact that our GIT is not yet open completely, I must say the following, to set the record straight, to make others aware of the other side of the coin, the other side of the same story...

We (old PowerBoard and now PurE2 Team) also made the world's first:

-Yocto layer for Alien1/2 (STi 7111/7162), so modern E2 could be had on those platforms (Graugans did that, working on it for 2 years!)

-Delfi made lots of various tools etc. for that platform

-Delfi integrated Kodi with Enigma2 to work well together, without the need to restart going from one to the other (yes, a single person did it, as opposed to a whole team of coders, backed up by corporate money - in Wetek)

-1080 skin by Franc was a little revolution, too

-our guys also made the first and only torrent player for Enigma2 (YIFY-FNC), along with many other excellent streaming plugins

-the malleability of Estuary and "eye candy" in Franc's work (skin and FNC plugins) is unparalleled, from what I can see in E2 environment

-second generation of expanding NAND/flash onto mSD/USB stick was our fix (the only time I had some kind of helping hand in coding :party-time::mosking::thank_you2::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::don-t_mention::laugh1:)

...and so on and on...

Almost all of those have quickly found their way into E2, for all the Teams to use, sometimes under the nicks of our coders and sometimes they were given away and others have put it in the public GITs - but this simply must be told, as lately some nasty and utterly biased, one-sided rumours have been flying around, impeding our work...

Hopefully, they'll see the light and respect our Coders' decisions (our servers were raided - not once! - and hence the security measures, as a part of the response of our Team(s) but also for some other reasons not everything is opened up...).

Ergo: we do contribute, whenever we have anything significant to contribute - full stop!

(There are thousands of ways to skin a goat - a measure is not THE measure for all!)

P.S. Lately I found out I am a "published author" :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: by mistake... I found my "Enigma2 pretty thorough guide" on various platforms. Also, I found out that an American guy was selling my guide, which I gave freely to the community... And so on... Yes, that also is the world's first, if we are listing the biggies... :don-t_mention::thank_you2::mosking:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Delfi says:

Feeds, some plugins...
    Certain HiSilicon boxes (Zgemmas, Maxtytec, AX60, Mutant60) have new version of Kodi that uses HiSilicon player instead of E2, reinstall needed.

As the build system is upgraded, all the images after 10.4.2020 probably need a reflash to be on the safe side.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Delfi says:

At the moment we try to maintain this version for 4 boxes for various reasons:

DM500HD (custom build/size), DM800SE (custom build/size), axas E4HD (bootloader snafu/size), Amiko A5 (custom build/protected kernel and drivers)

- updated feeds

- plugins

- Estuary skin

- Streamlord

- Subtitles

Simple SW update should be just fine. No need to reflash unless you are on some really ancient release.

```````````````````

- ditto, but it will take some time to update all the feeds

```````````````````

- E2 code fixes, misc stuff

- ditto, but it will take some time to update all the feeds

For the impatient, please do check Streamlord Neu und Titles

• New images have Kodi like seekbar for VOD/IPTV, thx to Franc.

Long press FF or REV offers seek with LEFT or RIGHT.

Might not be applicable on all the types of the streams, simply due to the nature of the same?

• In MENU > Plugins > Estuary config, how else?

Click here: How to make Estuary do as you please...

• Yes, coders have found the issue in sources, please be patient...

terrajoe says:

This issue is found and fixed in the sources. but we have to rebuild all images and this need time.

sorry!

• Official Post

testing today's 6.5 image on the duo4k all seems great so far, thanks to the team

Please note the VU version of youtube TV and chromium do not work, im not bothered as do not use them anyways

Will test kodi 18 and the fnc plugins later on if i get time, but the basic's are fine and it is a very fast responsive image so far.

• Today an image for the new AX HD61 came out.

Tested the German HD+ payTV,works fine with the CI+ modul.(works on all other images except Openvision)

TV Vlaanderen is fine too.

After installation off the service-app plugin all my streams work.

I still must test my rotor,which doesn work on all other images.(The company is workin on it,driverproblem)

The first impression is good!

• Today's image done from scratch?

• Thanx, I knew that! :) Somehow... ;)

But I am wondering if Saraceno84 did the same prudent thing...

• No restoring of settings, just in case - and then see... ;)

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!