New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 136,498 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• See OSCam Emu section, top messages, my thread, "Mario's config"!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hi ask regarding oscam. Before in ItalySat or OpenPli i update manually oscam every new version.

I found the file oscam file in \hd51\rootfs\usr\bin

and

file OSCam_em.sh (where there are name and version of oscam) in \usr\emuscript

Now using purE2 i try to make the same but i dont find these files...where are in foler of purE2 ?

Thank always for wonderful image

Hispanico

- OpenATV & PurE2 - user :-) -

Edited 2 times, last by hispanico957 ().

• M8, read that thread of mine all the way to the end!!!

Otherwise: MENU > pManager > SW Manager > SW update is enough.

PurE2 is champion of OSCam, so it's up-to-date most of the time and it has the most versions of OSCam....

Config is in etc/tuxbox (depending on the version)

Scripts are in /usr/script/cam

Cams/bins: /usr/bin/cam

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Official Post

We have that situation: satellite Thor, channel 4K Heritage

- on Zgemma 7C we have sound but no picture

- on Edision mio4k plus everything is ok

My simple question is why???

Codec is missing, the same problem on other boxes as well

• Explain in detail, show us the screenshots, write down all the relevant procedures you did and maybe... ;)

• Guys I have viper combo 4k v20

I would like to use pure2 insteed of openatv, is there a tutorial how to flash it

box doesnt have power of/on behind

i have usb kingston formated fat32

refards

I don't invite this sh!t, It just comes to me. I run, It runs after me...

• If i remember the right way put the unzip Image to the stick , switch Power off switch it on and push the standby button dirctly at start Moment .

Display show flashing and then stop pushing the button . Rest same like ever

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• - download the image

- unzip the archive and write the / vipercombo folder on a FAT32 stick

- change inside the "noforce" folder in "force"

- put the stick in Viper

- power-off followed by power-on and immediately press the standby button wait "done" !!! ready!

- then power-off and remove the stick ... and finally power-on!

• Delfi says:

V. 6.5 (soon v. 6.3):

-Finally fixed WiFi AP (Access Point --> turns you box to another WiFi server station, see more at HERE) for Ustym 4K PRO.

- feeds, ch lists (vhannibal, morpheus), youtube, autochconverter, etc....
    - gstreamer, ffmpeg, kodi
    - misc stuff

As we do not have time to try simple SW update for all the boxes (it might work on some boxes, on others NOT), standard SNAFU with settings backup and reflash is suggested for images later than 14.11.2020.

P.S. It seems that Franc is preparing some new goodies... :)

• Btw, for the most boxes, on average, there are more than 90-100 packages that are new/updated/dependent, so it might be a good idea to re-flash anything older than 14.11.2020, just to be on the safe side... smile.png

Then again, if you're lazy, simple SW update might work just fine (if not, just do on-line re-flash).

• I do not have the box but let me try and clarify something for people whose box differs from the images above (neither power button at the back nor Standby button in front):

- download the Viper PurE2 v. 6.5 image to your PC > viper4kv20-PurE2-6.5-20201116_mmc.zip
    - unzip the archive to the / (root) folder of a compatible FAT32 formatted USB memory stick
    - rename the "noforce" folder into "force" and hit Enter button on your keyboard
    - properly unmount the USB stick from your PC (right click on USB stick > Eject command, wait to see the message "...safe...")
    - switch-off your Viper by taking the power cable out
    - put the USB stick in the Viper
    - switch it on and immediately press the "Standby" button on your Remote Control Unit (RCU)
    OR
    - press the green button on the remote control several times, until the word "UPDATE" appears on the decoder display
    - wait until you see "Done" message
    - switch-off your Viper by taking the power cable out and remove the USB stick
    - switch-on your Viper
    - configure your Viper as per your requirements!

• buc61b

Edited the above message, after I saw something more by @teak-won-do :)

• No log?

• No need for that!

At the moment they are all using a compatibility layer. That adds to the size of E2 and slower response of the STB. Not good!

A real move to Python 3 won't happen for months, from what I have been told, ergo no hurry!

At the moment many, many plugins have not been redone for P3!

The bugs in E2 and plugins will probably take months to fix.

So, chill... Bigger numbers do NOT always mean "better"!

Early takers - bigger headaches, in this case!

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!