New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 137,577 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• No. No one can. How could we possibly?

Shall we throw some chicken bones and use our crystal ball to figure it out? Based on what can we say something like that?

I mean, honestly....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• If you do not give us all the relevant details - how can we help you?

OK, I just installed the latest image, from scratch, just for you....

On my OSmio+4K and Kodi does work but only partially - no image! Streaming or playback!

I tried with everything I had: ServiceApp > original, Exteplayer3 and GSTplayer - always the same result > no image, only sound.

The rest seems OK....

My guess is they (Edision guys) somehow messed up the drivers for it... Not sure...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• EDIT:

SERVER IS DOWN, for Radio-FNC, I am told....

• I don't invite this sh!t, It just comes to me. I run, It runs after me...

• Sit on that green button and keep pressing, 10 times if necessary....

If USB stick is not compatible - change it, of course.... But if it worked before.... Bootloader is in charge of recognising the USB stick, I am told, not kernel, so the limitation might be there - search until you find a good one!

Tar is not supposed to be extracted! Just extract the file you downloaded from our server and don't complicate things!

• Thanks m8, pure2 looks great,

i need help with oscam,

i have downloaded from feed oscam and oscam emu, lines puted on etc/tuxbox/

but it doesnt work

its been a while since i didnt use pure2 so... be patience 🥂

EDIT:

ALL DONE!

thanks again, best image for viper 4k v20 pure2 6.5

I don't invite this sh!t, It just comes to me. I run, It runs after me...

Edited 3 times, last by buc61b ().

• Hello.

Pure2 6.5 installed on VU Ultimo 4k. All ok but in the update keep show 1 update that cant be installed.

Not selecting libx264-161 as installing it would break existing dependencies.

How to clear it?

• That SW update 1 package is to be ignored for now....

Not sure of the other issue, sorry, no Vus in the Team...

• Official Post

This isssu with libx264-161 is an issue with serviceApp and, or Kodi

This file is part of the ffmpeg and when you try and update one or the other the dependecy will be broken.

File its crashing with is the libavcodec58.

If Kodi is installed, uninstall Kodi and do the update

If not Kodi installed, uninstall serviceApp and do the update.

After sucessfull update install the plugins back and all should work just fine.

Dont think this is a Vu only issue but this is how i got it fixed for my Vu

• Yah, this is sort of standard SNAFU position. In general, we do have the very latest ffmpeg and the libs (v65), optimized for a box in the feeds, so, installing another ffmpeg usually results in an inferior or older version (generic ARM version not using all the capabilities of the CPU/SoC).
    Kodi is a special story (I think we have to switch to static ffmpeg build with Kodi), as at one point there could be 3 ffmpeg versions installed and it is a mess for some boxes but some work just fine, actually very fine :)

I know, the above is not helpful, probably even introduces more confusuion, but in short; we'll try to fix it. Sometimes it is strange that everything is ok on our reference/dev box, but it fails on others. I guess, the price of living on the bleeding edge:)

• Read above!

• How did you do it?

It depends on so many other things you may have done...

How can we know - have you given us any relevant info? No logs, nothing, so...???

• I follow your suggestins (uninstall Kodi) but unistall kod restart decoder, update but always after restart decoder (mutant hd514k) appear update available....with same message of my post.

Thank

Hispanico

- OpenATV & PurE2 - user :-) -

Edited 3 times, last by hispanico957 ().

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!