New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 137,420 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• I did my Zgemma H9 Combo from scratch and it's OK with the latest image. One thing which didn't work was VPN Manager. I had to install it separately. All else was done via "restore settings" function.

Rescue files were from May, though...

I tried the latest version of Rescue in my Twin and that didn't work. Old Combo rescue did work.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Or the plugins Ahmed uses for multiboot functions.

If I am not mistaken, Ahmed usually combines 2 different plugins for that... How they may combine - no one knows...

I would advise you to drop those 2 and use only 1: Vasiliks' "Image Manager"! That plugin has been competently done, it's rock solid and there is no need for another one to boot between the images in multiboot USB stick!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• All fine in Alien2! As good as it could be, of course... I just dusted it off and started from zero....

Flashed the latest image of 27th Nov 2020

989625.jpg

4181c757abc7cf21789f1e7a3.jpg

Partition your good quality, compatible USB stick with 2 x EXT4 formatted partitions.

Flash Expander was first, choose the first, smaller partition for it to "expand your flash" to it...

f1714198a74583ea8.jpg

So, /media/usr folder will then live on the first partition (by using Flash Expander)...

576e637.jpg

I did 1/2GB SWAP with "SWAP Manager 2" from Plugins > System Plugins... Alien simply doesn't have enough RAM!!!

6f1c6d2fdfb5f.jpg

Then, one can download and install whatever one wants...

-large channels list by Ciefp

-OSCam Emu, SoftCam Key downloader

-FNC plugins

-they also bring along FFmpeg, MediaPlayer2, ServiceApp and SubSupport - specially done for PurE2

-some other plugins done (DB Explorer, YouTube, SnackBar etc.) - some from our feed:

0a50d29785ad436dd4d8a.jpg

After installation one must configure all of those plugins properly, especially the FNC plugins...

bc2ad99.jpg

Not only those but EPG, picons, subtitles, FNC backup and favourites etc. - they all should be directed to your USB stick, i.e. the /media/hdd part, in my configuration...

9bb8b93c1.jpg

One can even configure the extra buttons, like FF and RW for VOD - here (using SnackBar plugin):

fb7684a5b170fb8d3d.jpg

STi7162 is, of course, slow, like old ladies are - but steady and fabulous picture quality (clarity comes with age!!!)!!! :cool1:

One must be patient to set it up properly, which takes time and good nerves, as it must restart many times...

And each restart lasts a bit - you have been warned.... Go make yourself a drink or summat... ;)

In short: I have no idea what you are talking about, buc...:eye-tongue: PurE2 in STi works just fine, given the old HW...

• Edited the above post with all the correct images and info...

• Yes, it always amazes me (when I plug them in, sadly, very seldomly) how good picture quality is on these SH4 boxes. It really puts to a shame a lot of new stuff, kinda sad state of affairs:)

• Official Post

Yes, it always amazes me (when I plug them in, sadly, very seldomly) how good picture quality is on these SH4 boxes. It really puts to a shame a lot of new stuff, kinda sad state of affairs:)

SD channels especially, but in reality the only thing i miss from the SH4 days

• Delfi/tromo says:

"It seems that most of the feeds and images are up to date, both v63 and v65. Sadly, radio-fnc server is still down.

On a more happy note (well, sort of), it does seem that an usable DMM one/two image is surfacing, slowly but surely. At the moment DVB-S looks quite promising, most of the *-fnc plugins work, etc, etc, but there is still a lot to do (write some kernel modules, 2D HW acceleration, fix some irritating glitches and so on....). Really nice and productive joint effort.

Your merry reindeer team (Prancer, Blitzen, Clyde, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher, Donner, etc) is working on v6.6 of PurE2 pretty hard as well, but, about that, when it (be)comes available. Really not sure we could deliver on xmas :) "

• I have a suggestion regarding FNC plugins which is a Pure2 dedicated TorrentPlayer just like YiFi but with more sources where you get to choose the source you wish ,or maybe look up media on multiple sources at the same time. Sources like Rarbg 1337x TPB etc ...

The Grass Was Greener

• You have that in YIFY, if you look closely.... ;)

• I had the chance to mess around with other sources in YIFI-FNC, however it seems like the search is only limited to movies with this plugin. That's why I am suggesting making a full-on TorrentPlayer plugin with dedicated categories like TV series , anime , music etc

The Grass Was Greener

• If only you knew how much time, effort, dedication, sleepless nights, talent and struggle it took to do this...

Plus, how difficult a situation the author(s) is(are), with little or no free time...

Feel free to try, please...

Meantime > genres...

Or other FNC plugins dedicated to Series, HbbTV etc.

• Official Post

I have a suggestion regarding FNC plugins which is a Pure2 dedicated TorrentPlayer just like YiFi but with more sources where you get to choose the source you wish ,or maybe look up media on multiple sources at the same time. Sources like Rarbg 1337x TPB etc ...

there is a few enigma2 torrent plugins, none are perfect, but are nice and simple to watch whatever....

• I only saw one other that may be working and it was done with Delfi's advice.

Still, I would not be over-writing the YIFY's libs with that one....

PurE2 is an integrated system and messing with it...

Well, you no longer have PurE2 as intended...

• Hi gorsky, :GMlinuxsat1:

what min net speed would you recommend for smooth running of fnc plugins. I am using 6mb (with solo4k) wifi connection and experiencing freezing (as there are other users in the house using wifi through mobiles). should i consider to upgrade my net connection, up-to 25mb but it will almost double my net expense :)

• Yes. Mine is around 50+ - 60+ MB/sec, with VPN.

66ec185a1a573cb4.png

Good luck!

• :spit:Yeah:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: but mine is bigger....:eye roll::suprised::head banger::mosking::thank_you2:

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!