New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 136,754 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• hall9000 it's all here already - why do you, guys not read a little - at least the STICKIES (top messages) in this very section? They are there for a reason!

PROTECT YOUR STB WITH SURFSHARK VPN SERVICE

2) Create a folder on a USB stick/SSD/mSD card and name it whatever you want, say openvpn, so it would be here: /media/usb/openvpn

3) Create subfolders in that folder and name them accordingly, say London, Berlin, Manchester, Sao, Frankfurt, NYC etc.: /media/usb/openvpn/London (or whatever you want to have as an option, create as many as you need)

How to make a folder? It's also in that thread:

Send them away

Start FileZilla Client on your PC > connect it to your STB > (...) > right click on (folder where you want to make openvpn sub-folder) > Create directory > write "openvpn" (without the "" signs) > OK.

Now, right click on it > Attributes to > 755. Close FZC (confirm to close if needed).

(From experience I would advise you to close it to make sure you will see the changes you made.)

Start FZC, connect to your STB and find the new folder, open it/get inside it.

Now, send the (udp) files from your PC ==> into openvpn folder in your STB.

Give them attributes to 644 and confirm if needed.

128442-141a303de573114b744-jpg

Reboot your STB.

Download this and read: Hot to use Surfshark OpenVPN in Enigma2 STB using VPN Manager.pdf

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Post no. 7 for SWAP: Mounting devices/partitions in PurE2's Device Manager and which files to send where!

But other STICKIES as to how to install and configure it all, might be helpful, too...

I did this and the problem is unfortunately with my HDMI. Because the system kept crashing from the same problem after running it from USB. I tried two different HDMI cables and it keeps crashing, now I switched to the oldskool SCART cable and no crashes. :(

***I have this problem in other images too, which means its not Pure2 fault.

Edited 2 times, last by medsha: additional info ().

• I did this and the problem is unfortunately with my HDMI. Because the system kept crashing from the same problem after running it from USB. I tried two different HDMI cables and it keeps crashing, now I switched to the oldskool SCART cable and no crashes. :(

***I have this problem in other images too, which means its not Pure2 fault.

It's probably not worth repairing HDMI port, since there are many new and capable cheap boxes...

Have you tried it on a different TV, with HDMI on but no CEC on?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Hello first of all happy holidays to all! I have a question: I have an OctagonSF8008 4k combo gold edition and I wanted to try the Pure2 6.5 of 12/24/20 which can be installed exclusively in flash recovery and I would like to know if the other images present in multiboot in the other slots can be used without them arising problems.

• Hispa, let's see: "While installing FNC plugins from MENU > Plugins > green button > Extensions > one will automatically get several additional plugins/parts of the system installed, like FFmpeg, ServiceApp, Media Player2 and SubSupport (latter two are specially modified for PurE2/Estuary)."

Having seen only 3 FNC plugins in your PurE2 Plugins section - did you find FFMpeg, ServiceApp, SusbSupport and Media Player2 installed?

In my plugin i see

Media Player

Media Player2

Downloader SubSupport

Options SubSupport

and not ffmpeg

Hispanico

- OpenATV & PurE2 - user :-) -

Edited 2 times, last by hispanico957: modify ().

• No I haven't tried it on another TV. I think my STB partially died. It was a great device, I had it for 8 years! :)

Now I need to find a new STB. Any recommendations? Or is there a list/store in europe that has a nice overview?

• This forum - you will find recommendations...

Zgemma H7, Edision+, SF8000 and so on...

• Hello first of all happy holidays to all! I have a question: I have an OctagonSF8008 4k combo gold edition and I wanted to try the Pure2 6.5 of 12/24/20 which can be installed exclusively in flash recovery and I would like to know if the other images present in multiboot in the other slots can be used without them arising problems.

Why not?

• I noticed a big update lately...

terrajoe says:

update enigma2-code

recoded networkmanager with new functions

update openssl to v1.1.1i

update openwebif and plugins

update 3rdparty-feed

update e2iplayer

• Hi

Updated the latest packages today and now having major problems with recording. old recordings play fine but new recordings unwatchable... pixelating, breaking up and even partly showing the current tv station as well as the recording. FTA channels and encrypted.

Tried a backup I did from Christmas eve... new recordings fine.

Then updated packages and same again, breaking up etc with new recordings.

Then re flashed from scratch with latest image and still breaking up.

So before updating today everything fine. Update and not fine..... all new recordings breaking up etc.

VU+ Uno 4K SE

Cheers

• Thank you. We investigate this.

• Hi the latest update just crash and when I press the menu key the sreen becames blue whit no information - VU DUO 4K COMBO

enigma2_crash_1609862487.log

enigma2_crash_1609862523.log

enigma2_crash_1609862695.log

enigma2_crash_1609862706.log

enigma2_crash_1609862716.log

enigma2_crash_1609862487.log

enigma2_crash_1609862523.log

enigma2_crash_1609862695.log

enigma2_crash_1609862706.log

enigma2_crash_1609862716.log

• Same issues with VU Ultimo 4k. Also an update messange keep pop up for 1 file not been able to install (libx264-161).

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!