​How many users can connect to the same OSCAM at a time?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,398 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• How many users can connect to the same OSCAM at a time? the limits of CCcam and NewCamD, whatever that limit, can we increase?

• It also depends on the decoding card :) - how fast does the built-in chipset and what firmware this decoder card contains.

Perhaps the type of coding also depends, since some types of coding simply do not allow to decode multiple channels at the same time on the same card. ECM and EMM cache serve for this purpose. However, some coding systems are also secured against this type of abuse.

Oscam should handle many connections. If not, you should be able to edit the source code for multiple connections at the same time. But as I wrote ... the problem will be the algorithm on the decoder card, not the Oscam server algorithm.

Many decoder cards (their firmware) are limited in this respect. The maximum number of desclambers is limited. Cache-ex (ECM cache) OSCAM Cache-EX Tutorial v2.0 is then used for this purpose. In this case, the number of users connected to the same channel appears to be unlimited. But again, it depends on the type of card encoding.

It's very complicated.

I can't write any more about this because I don't deal with the DVB card coding system. I know just a little IRDETO system and no other systems.

I know it can be limited (also good as a prevention against SurfLock) in oscam.server file:

(Attention - each decoder card may require different values to limit the ECM flood.)

Code
    ratelimitecm                  = 4
    ratelimittime                 = 9000
    ecmunique                     = 1
    srvidholdtime                 = 2000
    cooldown                      = 30,600

However, the maximum number of descrablmers I do not know where Oscam detects (perhaps according to the type of card system detected?).

• No, you should send your "oscam.conf" file (remove all passwords, logins, IPs / hosts) and other users will consider what could be the cause if users do not connect easily :).

If you have a problem connecting clients, then there may be a mistake elsewhere.

What exactly do you need exactly and where is the problem exactly? First of all, check out Oscam LOG (via OscamWebif -> LiveLog). It may be obvious from this LOG why the connection problem arises.

It could also be an incompatibility of the Cccam protocol between the server and the client. Or have you tested both Newcamd and Cccam?

How many clients do you connect to your softcam server?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!