Problems with Surfshark VPN connection

There are 53 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,965 times. The last Post () by pioppo.

• hi ,

i have problem connection use surfshark provider

PUSH: Received control message:

'PUSH_REPLY,

dhcp-option

DNS xxx.xxx.xxx.xx,

dhcp-option

DNS xxx.xxx.xxx.xx,

redirect-gateway def1,

sndbuf 524288,

rcvbuf 524288,

explicit-exit-notify,

block-outside-dns,

route-gateway 10.8.8.1,

topology subnet,

ping 60,

ping-restart 180,

ifconfig 10.8.8.2

peer-id 0,

cipher AES-256-GCM'

my connection drops and automatically restarts I can't resolve

EDITED BY GORSKI

This is a Surfshark question, not a backup one, I think, hence the wrong thread. Therefore, I opened a new thread for you...

• I have no idea where you are, m8 - or what you are doing, where you are trying to connect, using which SW and protocol and so on and so forth...

So: All

PLEASE, BE PRECISE AND THOROUGH WHEN ASKING FOR HELP, SO QUALITY HELP CAN BE GIVEN, if at all possible... DESCRIBE IT ALL IN DETAIL, please!!!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• beps also wrote:

i am using openvpn with udp connection protocol in the log file i get

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 WARNING: file 'auth_vpn.txt' is group or others accessible

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.3 mipsel-oe-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Dec 28 2019

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2r 26 Feb 2019, LZO 2.10

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 WARNING: --ping should normally be used with --ping-restart or --ping-exit

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 Socket Buffers: R=[163840->163840] S=[163840->163840]

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]3********************

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]-----------------, sid=11dc3ecd e734ce00

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=2, C=VG, O=Surfshark, CN=Surfshark Root CA

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=1, C=VG, O=Surfshark, CN=Surfshark Intermediate CA

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 VERIFY KU OK

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 Validating certificate extended key usage

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 VERIFY EKU OK

Mon Mar 9 12:38:47 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=0, CN=al-tia-v009.prod.surfshark.com

Mon Mar 9 12:38:48 2020 Control Channel: TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 2048 bit RSA

Mon Mar 9 12:38:48 2020 [al-tia-v009.prod.surfshark.com] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]****************

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 SENT CONTROL [al-tia-v009.prod.surfshark.com]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REPLY,dhcp-option DNS xxx.xxx.xxx.xx,dhcp-option DNS 149.154.159.92,redirect-gateway def1,sndbuf 524288,rcvbuf 524288,explicit-exit-notify,block-outside-dns,route-gateway 10.8.8.1,topology subnet,ping 60,ping-restart 180,ifconfig 10.8.8.2 255.255.255.0,peer-id 0,cipher AES-256-GCM'

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 Option 'explicit-exit-notify' in [PUSH-OPTIONS]:6 is ignored by previous <connection> blocks

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [PUSH-OPTIONS]:7: block-outside-dns (2.4.3)

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: timers and/or timeouts modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: explicit notify parm(s) modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: --sndbuf/--rcvbuf options modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 Socket Buffers: R=[163840->327680] S=[163840->327680]

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ifconfig/up options modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: route options modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: route-related options modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ip-win32 and/or --dhcp-option options modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: peer-id set

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: adjusting link_mtu to 1656

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 OPTIONS IMPORT: data channel crypto options modified

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-GCM' initialized with 256 bit key

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-GCM' initialized with 256 bit key

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 ROUTE_GATEWAY 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0 IFACE=eth0 HWADDR=xxxxxxxx

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 do_ifconfig, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 /sbin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 /sbin/ip addr add dev tun0 ********** broadcast 10.8.8.255

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 /sbin/ip route add ******* via 192.168.1.1

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 /sbin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via 10.8.8.1

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 /sbin/ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via 10.8.8.1

Mon Mar 9 12:38:49 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

open vpn crashes and restarts to the server I don't understand what I did wrong

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Which STB, which Enigma2, which version, how did you edit the files, which SW did you use to edit them, did you do it exactly the way I described, which username and password are you using (the ones you chose or the ones Surfshark gave you?) and so on?!?

• Then, why on Earth did you not write in the Surfshark topic?

And all these details MATTER!!! Otherwise you would not have the problem.

Honestly, I am trying to help and you feel lazy to answer the essential questions? How can you be helped if you are not letting me know the facts?!?

Seriously...

• gorski

Added the Label Networking Support
  • gorski

Changed the title of the thread from “Problems with SUrfshark VPN connection” to “Problems with Surfshark VPN connection”.
  • OK, which image, which version and so on - please, answer all the relevant questions I posted above, especially given the fact I do not have your box...?

And even if I can't - there are many knowledgeable users here, so good luck!

• Did you do it exactly as this: PROTECT YOUR STB WITH SURFSHARK VPN SERVICE ???

• Edited all the essential details in 2 posts, to preserve beps identity... ;)

• no, I have not used your project, I wanted help in this read my private message thanks

Well, you got help. Detailed help! Read and do as you read and you shall be rewarded! Guaranteed!

Do not invent hot water all over again, m8...

Good luck!

P.S. I edited both your posts to preserve your privacy... ;)

• Just do it ALL as I described - BE PATIENT and you will have it all working in no time, guaranteed! :)

You must not use your chosen username and password but the ones Surfshark gave you!!!

• Log of my OpenVPN? That would be telling... :D

Note your address without VPN, then start OpenVPN and restart PurE2.

When you connect/when you are online again, you will see a new IP address and additional 10.x.x.x address of VPN added to the mix, as I described in my rather careful and detailed tutorial... ;)

• So, beps - any luck?

• OpenVPN plugin works great in E2!!! Tested!!! Guaranteed! You're doing something wrong if it isn't working for you!

Did I misunderstand?

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!