YouTube Plugin by taapat

There are 574 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 73,834 times. The last Post () by kaptan57.

• Sorry, I have not put entire post of mine, here it is again, do not delete it MasterG...

Hello, please can you give me an advice how to fix the following problem. I can not play back any Youtube video on my device Dreambox800HD PVR original. Youtube plugin enigma2-plugin-extensions-youtube_h1+git426+facf15b-r0.0_all.ipk (by Taapat) does not work for me. I have this image installed on my device OpenPLI-original-dm800-20180327elhawary. It is homebuild image by Elhawary not so old year 2018. When I run this Youtube plugin so my Dreambox 800hd stucks at buffering (mostly at 99 % or less) for every time. I have built-in Media Player and also VLC video player installed in addition. I do not know which of them should play back a video. Thank you much in advance...

I use to get this important error every time (between some other not so important ones):

"authpriv.err vsftpd: pam_listfile(vsftpd:auth): Couldn't open /etc/vsftpd.ftpusers"

Here it is my vsftpd.conf file, please can you check it out and tell me where are bad values in settings that cause the above error?

• - use latest build image for your device

- expand rom/ram with usb (search forum how to expand flash , ram ,rom ...)

• Hello thawtes, thank you much for giving me some advice I am already desperate and no one have not help me so far at all. Finally I played back some youtube videos but only a very few ones (I do not guess if it depends on video size, probably so or where is the problem). Mostly my device gets stuck at buffering (mostly at 99 percentage or sometimes less). I do not know about any newer image for my old device DM800 HD PVR original, I think it is not so old image from 2018 year. I have put a USB into my device and used the swap manager plugin and with the help of it I have created 512 MB swap file on it. My image OpenPLI-original-dm800-20180327elhawary takes up 49,9 MB in a flash memory from 60 MB of total size. I though it should have helped but it seems to me it has not helped much. My problem is persisting. Are you sure if I would expand the flash memory it would help? What is the difference between flash, ram and rom memory? Do I need to expand all of these memories? Do you guess why I receive constantly this error report "authpriv.err vsftpd: pam_listfile(vsftpd:auth): Couldn't open /etc/vsftpd.ftpusers" for every time when my device gets stuck at buffering? Thank you very much, you are the only one who is willing to help me. Regards

• Hello thawtes, thank you much for giving me some advice I am already desperate and no one have not help me so far at all. Finally I played back some youtube videos but only a very few ones (I do not guess if it depends on video size, probably so or where is the problem). Mostly my device gets stuck at buffering (mostly at 99 percentage or sometimes less). I do not know about any newer image for my old device DM800 HD PVR original, I think it is not so old image from 2018 year. I have put a USB into my device and used the swap manager plugin and with the help of it I have created 512 MB swap file on it. My image OpenPLI-original-dm800-20180327elhawary takes up 49,9 MB in a flash memory from 60 MB of total size. I though it should have helped but it seems to me it has not helped much. My problem is persisting. Are you sure if I would expand the flash memory it would help? What is the difference between flash, ram and rom memory? Do I need to expand all of these memories? Do you guess why I receive constantly this error report "authpriv.err vsftpd: pam_listfile(vsftpd:auth): Couldn't open /etc/vsftpd.ftpusers" for every time when my device gets stuck at buffering? Thank you very much, you are the only one who is willing to help me. Regards

this mistake is interesting!

I do not know about your image

I guess image you use is mod or clone image?

Install latest build PLI or openATV image and expand flash memory..

• Hello Thawtes, thank you for advising me. Unfortunately my Drambox800 HD PVR original is not supported almost by on one nowadays. I will try to find latest OpenPli image but I am afraid there is no such newer image even homebuild based on OpenPli. About OpenATV I do not know but I will try to find some. I use homebuild OpenPli image created by elhawary for original Dreamboxes in 2018. You mean regurarly to expand flash memory with the help of USB. Ok I understand I did it before already. I am not a computer expert or something like that I do not know exactly at where is a downloaded ( and played back) video being stored ( if on the flash memory first and then when played on RAM memory and also why creating the swap file by size 512 MB on USB stick did not help me). Thank you much in advance, regards.

• Hello Thawtes, thank you for advising me. Unfortunately my Drambox800 HD PVR original is not supported almost by on one nowadays. I will try to find latest OpenPli image but I am afraid there is no such newer image even homebuild based on OpenPli. About OpenATV I do not know but I will try to find some. I use homebuild OpenPli image created by elhawary for original Dreamboxes in 2018. You mean regurarly to expand flash memory with the help of USB. Ok I understand I did it before already. I am not a computer expert or something like that I do not know exactly at where is a downloaded ( and played back) video being stored ( if on the flash memory first and then when played on RAM memory and also why creating the swap file by size 512 MB on USB stick did not help me). Thank you much in advance, regards.

512 MB USB very little, use minimum 4 or 8 GB usb

look this thread openvision-enigma2-develop-english-7.3-r76-dm800 (OriginalBox)

maybe this image might work dor your stb

• you have to create your own "Api Keys" , and than replace the default in "YouTubeUi.py" file .

a "how to" about the Api key, you can find here

done !

Now in which path exactly can i find "YouTubeUi.py" file ?

EDIT: well I found it in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/youtube. However I get this error " There was an error in extract video url: signature extraction failed "

** EDIT: I only get this error whenever I play content from any VEVO channel. The rest of the videos seem to work just fine

*** Edit: I uploaded the file "YouTubeVideoUrl.py" by thawtes and now it works the way it should !

Thank you 😍😍😍

The Grass Was Greener

• Where is thawtes file?

• YouTube Plugin by Taapat

The Grass Was Greener

• there is a "what" you need in message #69 ,and there is a link in the word "here" ...

read it to start, and than read the next message for the next step...

thank you very much, I created my api keys but on the guide I got to the point of opening youtube on kodi.

I have an enigma 2 operating system (on my gigablue), so I don't have kodi, how can I proceed?

thank you

• you do not need kodi, you can do the same in youtube plugin.

read a little more carefully the above messages...

you have to create your own "Api Keys" , and than replace the default in "YouTubeUi.py" file .

the file is in usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions , and depends the image, the .py file may missing, and there will be only the .pyo

in that case , you need to download the content from here and create a .py file .change the Api keys, place it in youtube foder, and reboot your receiver.

• hello i have the same problem i tried to replace pyo and py but still not work.

For other solution create my own api keys i can not do it i am not expert .

I know only to copy and paste

Plz is there a file ready to to help in this

• there isn't other solution the Api keys creating and the .py replacing... it is the next step.

you need to create your own Api Keys , and than someone could help you to add them in the .py (if you trust someone to give your Api Keys)...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!