ocam emu big island southern hemisphere

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 859 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• First of all I must send thanks to Gorski for his guidance Mario emu although I believe now we were both on different tracks to what I was trying to achieve. Different parts of the globe my situation more applicable to USA.No streaming or CS for me. US section seems more applicable to my region

Ok now down to the stuff have had oscam emu latest and other variants working on most sats in my southern hemisphere region after giving up on mario loaded lastest oscam and its works.Happy days some do load others dont been trying all different configs to softcams sids vids and any other read info. I must add these test programs are still receivable through other decoders. More you play the more you learn. So today lets try pure 6.5 one difference I will install ncam 10.8 first ok all good everything that worked still works one problem cant load oscam -emu. So reflash a few times eventually going back to the first install mario and extras then latest oscam and within seconds pictures.

History oscam emu old versions new versions worked with ncam 7.1 ncam 10.8 stopped any install through ftp usb wouldn't recognize any install Ncam related tried going back to 7.1 no joy.

So this lead me to the newer image so does ncam 10.8 conflict with oscam or the pure image and why does the plain blue boot pure image now load instead of the greyer 6.3 logo. I have had external pure 6.5 bootlogo working prior to reflash. Still learning

• We only need OSCam Emu. Ncam etc. are derivatives, as far as I know. Never used any of that stuff.

Just download the latest keys via our Softkey Download Plugin for it. It's in the same thread, explained...

If you can DL that, then you can have CS and streaming. Are you not on the net?

Where exactly are you? Spped on your internet is...?

What are you trying to achieve?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Australia on the net decoder connected only for file transfer and downloads. Normal use not connected to net and quite happy with the amount of viewing from many sats. Receive sats from 180E intel 18 to 64E intel 604 so your side of the world softcams don't include my sats. Have sorced applicable keys from various places that work installed my own Satellite xlm played with skin, boot logos so mainly getting my head round the workings.Now just playing with different cams to see if some programs not opening may open through different cam. Hence the little conflicts raised above post. Machine now opporating after following my first install just seemed strange without mario first installed other oscam variants wouldn't open programs. Ie just the latest oscam -emu no open with mario installed opens, yet mario by its self no open. Im thinking config files even after mario unistalled everything continues to open. I will make a backup today and play taking notes from the USA section guide to beginners. One curiosity when a program is open and check staus of cam the keys keep changing ever couple of seconds with no effect to program would that be normal.

• It seems to me there is a big jumble in your head, so let's slow down and go step by step.

You need to start organising your thoughts. Start with the structure of your posts, organise your sentences in paragraphs, each of which talks of only one thing.

1) Is your STB connected to the net or not? As in full time? LAN (cable) or WLAN (wireless)? I am not asking if you think you are using it all the time but physically, is it connected to the internet? Yes or no? And how exactly?

2) OSCam Emu has certain things built in the bin file itself and for that it can work without the key file.

3) Key file, on the other hand, certainly contains some keys for your area of the world (full file attached):

Enigma's thread is here: Softcam by enigma1969

With those keys you do not need internet, of course.

4) If you want to use CS you need a constant internet connection. Then, you can open a lot more channels...

5) Some channel lists have more than satellite channels. In Ciefp's list, for instance, there are IPTV channels as well, at the bottom of Favourites. For those channels one sometimes needs ServiceApp and in it either Exteplayer3 or GSTplayer, to open those channels, as internal Gstreamer can't do it, frequently. I wrote about it elsewhere (Franc's plugins thread).

6) Don't mess around with many Cams. You only need OSCam Emu and valid keys. Of course, for CS you need more, as explained elsewhere.

Now, please, make an effort and explain your thoughts properly...

• Stb is not connected permanently.I bring modem to stb for wifi connection to download plugins or transferring files.

Setup is in workshed out of range to where wifi modem normally resides. The stb will not be connected permanently.

filezilla connects with stb.

I have that softcam plus other entries added to the described softcam

I have no wish to use internet for cs as the amount of programs received directly from sats keeps me happy for now.

Presently only have oscam emu latest patch active and working on most programs

Those unopen programs are the ones im intrigued to find out why

Iam only trying to receive programs I can still open on other simpler stb,s

I do relies that certain programs cannot be unlocked of late.

• OK, why WiFi connection, as this is worse than LAN/cable? Your modem has 4 LAN ports?

My advice would be to buy a cheap LAN cable and run it from the modem (or router) to the STB.

That makes everything much better, as it gives you the latest keys, IPTV channels, CS, SW updates for PurE2 (patches and updates are important for E2 as well, not just individual apps etc.)... Enigma2 is complex and an ongoing project, so one needs this nowadays, really...

I mean, if you have PurE2 and FNC plugins, that's a whole new world on top of DVB-S/T/C, m8...

Good luck!

P.S. Btw, you tell us if some keys are already in the bin file of OSCam Emu and you don't need the keys in keyfile for those providers to work... I simply can't know this, of course... It is a possibility, like with some PowerVu providers in EU, which are AU (you choose such a channel and wait a few minutes for it to be opened, where Master Keys in the bin file create a working key and then you see colours...)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Cant do nothing regards Wifi as this was the only way to receive reliable internet service for our location only other option Sat witch cost is outrageous .Aust compared to other countries fails way behind to service of internet.

My setup is truly a hobby a couple tv,s in my work shed for company during the day. The house has the dedicated setup for viewing stuff from other parts of the land.;)

At present only testing on one sat 68.5e all channels open bar one and the sony mux.

This channel Im am playing with the key as to the 4 entries after P as they are all 0. I have tried the values stated in the cam log I have tried the sid Im sure the key its self is uptodate crosschecked from another site.I will continue to edit with hopefully a fix and the main thing is to why.

I will continue to read and hopefully gain more understanding of this decoders firmware.

• OK, can you answer my Qs above...?

• Wifi has one port which connects to PC via usb this modem is the size of a normal cigarette packet. It is not connected to internet via any cable.

If I could run a cable from PC to workshed the run would be close to 30-35 metres .

I understand connectivity for updates and the like, regularly stb can be connected for weekend biss feeds asia 5.

Probably further down the track I will venture into the pure fnc plugins. Still getting my head round what I normally receive.Only playing with this format stb for two months.

The bin file Im not exactly sure where to look I will try to track this file down today.

Yesterday I swapped over to another sat which most channels have not been opening. I think I have been to eager for colors It took a good 5mins or more for clear. This may answer your bin file question.

The softcam does have keys related to these programs .It has Emm keys as well whether active I know not.

I swung back to 68.5 for that one stubborn channel 10mins and more still no open

If indeed the stb can find keys through oscam does it store them in a file for conformation.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge Iam very green I hope Ive answered your questions

• So, you are a part of WiFi internet network? But as long as you have one LAN port you can use it for these purposes. It's relatively cheap to do it - all you need is a 4 (or more) x LAN switch. Cable is cheap and it doesn't matter if it's 100m!

https://www.amazon.com.au/TLSF…nk&rnid=5373057051&sr=8-1

61%2B%2Bopp-GML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One port on your modem is enough: connect it via LAN cable, then you can connect other devices via LAN cable...

Now, you can have CS, SW updates, new keys, stream films/TV series and so on - instantly... Whatever can be opened via CS etc - will be...

Just run a LAN cable from the modem to the house and there plug this switch to it - Bob's yer uncle...

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ethe…50m&qid=1586486022&sr=8-7

71SMvKN18XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If the connection is good/fast/unmetered one, that is...

Good luck!

• Forgot: this can also be connected to the switch and then you will boost the range of your WiFi, as well...

https://www.amazon.com.au/NETG…ar&rnid=5373057051&sr=8-4

Put it in AP mode: https://www.linksys.com/us/r/r…t-is-a-wifi-access-point/

71FLfWCBvNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Good on you, m8 - you're getting there... ;)

The 8-LAN-port switches is how I do it at home - all cabled up and all the better for it! :)

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!