Want to get Astra 28.2 and Astra 19.2 on VU Duo2

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,461 times. The last Post () by georgeflu.

• Like to receive satellite Astra 28.2E and Astra 19.2E on My VU+ Duo2 receiver, have 2 tuners, 1 80cm dish, 2 LNB from sky satellite system.

Can anyone advice me on what I need to get both satellite reception on my Duo2 box.

Many thanks

• depends how do you want to use it...

use 2 satellites in 1 tuner, you will need also a 2/1 diseq c switch

the other opton, is to install 2 cables, 1 satellite/tuner ...

or if you want independent recordings etc, 2 twin lnbs and 2 diseqc switches

• Do I need 2 diseqc switches?

Looks like sat box has setting to send diseqc signal.

Link to the Manual page 22

http://vuplus.com/board/boardV…nual.php?idx=11&pagenum=1

• DiSEqC A/8

This option allows you to configure two satellite s in Port A and Port B.

see attachment

Many thanks m8

• Keep it simple, the Duo2 has two tuners so 28.2e goes to one tuner and 19.2e goes the second tuner.

All I will need is universal satellite offset bracket and 2 LNB which I have.

can I fit universal satellite offset bracket with sky lnb bracket?

Many thanks

• Dish is up and these items

• the sat box is sending just the diseq command. it isn't the switch...

2-1.jpg

the how many you will need, depends of how you want to use the receiver.

you can do what artorius says, not need diseq, you will need to install 2 sat cables and one more single lnb (but not full independent usage in watching /recording-streaming)

you can use 1 diseq switch and one cable to one of your tuner and one more (single) lnb (also not full independent usage in watching /recording-streaming)

you can use 2 diseq c switches and 2 twin or more ports lnb (yours looks like 8 port) and two cables to your receiver (full independent usage in watching /recording-streaming)

in any case, you need a bracket for the second lnb , and a second lnb (the ports depend of which connection you will do)

• Does that mean I have to buy 4 of them 2 Lnb, 2 tuners with 4 imput or can I just buy 2 and use just 2 LNB 1 tuner with 2 input?

many thanks

• ??? i didn't understood clearly, but i think that you have been confused too...

here are three ways to do it. any of them, has possitives and negatives. you will decide which one is closest to you...

in any case. you have a dish , a receiver which has 2tuners and you have already two lnbs...(the one has eight outputs you will need one more,depend the way you will follow and the other is installed in the dish? how many outputs?)

in any case too, you will need an lnb bracket and cable (the meters depends the way you will do, if you will do one ore two sat lines) and one more lnb (also depends the way you will do a single or a twin lnb).

solutions

1) one satellite per tuner. you install in your dish the lnbs (the one you show in the picture, and one more "single lnb" , so in any case the one that you own is ok) . in that case you need two cables for lnb/tuner. but as i wrotte above, that way there are limits in simultaneously watching and recording or streamong channels (if this is something that you need).

2) the same installation of above way, but not two cables... using a diseqc switch to combine the lnbs, only one cable from the dish to one of the receiver tuners, and the setup of your receiver to send the diseq commands (the limits excist here too)

3) you already have an octo lnb, you need one more twin at least (we do not know the already installed one) and two diseqc switches. you are doing pairs in the installation (19.2 /28,2 in both diseq switches) and two cables from your dish to your receiver (one per tuner. ) in this way (it is the most expensive i think) there is no limit if you watching something, and recording something else the same time

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!