Help codec support

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 882 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi i using vu zero 4k,with pure 6.3 version. I have problem when l try to open some movie in avi format via iptv list on my channel list or on xtream plugin is there some codec to install or some plugin to be added to fix this? Mkv format works just fine

Any advice is useful, thanks in advance

• Who knows what Vu have done in terms of drivers etc.

Try installing ServiceApp and changing the default player to Exteplayer3 or gstplayer...

Info in FNC plugins sticky thread by me...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Drivers, probably... Write to the manufacturer...

Or your IPTV provider - change the format?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• All that work just fine on other devices and is ridiculous to ask to convert all that just because me. I have second box mag 256 for this situation but l want to watch everything using enigma 2... Thn for your efforts :beer1:

• Most probably the "excellent" Vu drivers but...

Tried PurE2 v. 6.5?

Btw, I found that Edision also can't play avi container... at all! Broadcom drivers...

• Official Post

The Zero 4K is a zapper and supports therefore only codecs provided by Sat/Cable providers like mpeg-2 mpeg-4 H.265/HEVC compatible

Like the DM One UHD you cant mount an internal HDD so therfore no need for any avi support.

I can agree that this should be better informed by Vu+ and sellers of this Device.

But its marked as a UHD Zapper and no provider send any channels in avi format.

I dont now if you buy the PVR-Kit if you get support for avi containers but as a zapper there is none.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Its just couple movies in that format, as l say above l have second box so l can watch all that but it will be much easier to wach in one....

I am not heavy user and this is first setback for vu zero 4k in 18 months usage and l have fnc plugins for movies if l decade to watch them on e2 box 😊

• Can any box actually play AVI files???

It is not something I have ever noticed before. I am going to check my playlists :)

** EDIT - YES MY DINOBOT 4K CAN

f6c30.png

Let me check what setup I got on my VU Zero 4k... 2 mins

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

Its a hardware choice from Vu+ to priorities Streaming before playback. Zero 4K is a UHD Zapper/Streamer box

But they later released a PVR Kit and i think with this kit you can restream/playback avi containers

• Official Post

Then you should keep it a secret and contact Vu+ they are probaly ready to pay good money if you mange to fix this

because its a limitation in the broadcom chipset used in the Zero 4K ;)

But of cause you might be able and write a software transcoder, and remember that AVI is not a codec its a conatiner only.

So can be many diffrent codec used inside the avi file. Most common are DivX and Xvid

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• All my boxes, except Edision and + version (Brdcm drivers), can play avi container... And some can play DVDs fabulously... etc.

H7 can play the most, of all of them, whatever I have/had...

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!