clarify emms to save oscam

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,514 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hi All,

I have some trouble from time to time with my 0b01 conax card when it receives emms every month. At the moment I have the following in my config and am wondering if any other members are running the same card in oscam.

blockemm-unknown = 1

saveemm-u = 1

saveemm-s = 1

saveemm-g = 1

• Hi,

Thanks for gettting back to me.

My card is conax and the provider is NC+. I have the Canal+ HD, Eleven Sports and HBO movies pack. The supplier tells me to leave my stb on TVP1 HD to get emms. Sometimes all packs update ok but occasionally one pack will not. I run it in my PC and pop it into my vu+ to update once a month for updating. At the moment it is only clearing eleven sports and some discovery programs. I am suspect of when the emms arrive . I think that maybe not all arrive on the last day of the month which is when I pop it into the stb. My supplier is going to re issue the emms tonight and my plan is to leave the card full time in the stb with TVP1 and connect it to my server and see if this improves things.

• You can try to enable ECM lenghts as the following config ("oscam.server" file, under your "reader"):

Code
    caid = 0B01
    auprovid = 0B01
    ecmwhitelist = 6C,76,88

( http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/wiki/ECMLengthList )

And file "oscam.dvbapi":

Code
    P: 0B01
    I: 0

But that probably won't help either.

Why only via TVP1 channel ? I do not understand. Do you mean that, the provider sends EMMs only via the TVP1 station for your satellite card ? Ask the provider which EMMs exactly are sending ... because you cannot then block unknown-EMMs maybe ? Why are you blocking them ? Do they have to block ? :-) In my opinion, this blocking of unknown EMMs should not be there. I don't know for sure.

What does an Oscam log file look like when your mentioned problem occurs? Will an EMM arrive or should it arrive, but no EMM will arrive?

Back up your Oscam configuration and try this one which I found:

[How-To] Oscam or Oscam & CCcam For TNK Smart HD+ (NC+) Caid 0B01

Unfortunately I do not have an NC+ provider card, CAID 0B01, with Conax encoding. :scratch_one-s_head:

• That always sounded strange to me when the card provider tells me to leave my stb on one channel only. What if I never watched this channel, then the card would never update ??????. Oscam interface seems to show most activity of emms written and skipped when parked on TVP1 HD. I am not very skilled at this type of thing so I just do what they tell me.

Fingers crossed for tonight as they are due to send emm's again.

Thanks for your help. Keep you posted.

• If it is true that every time you switch the tuner to TVP1, everything starts to work for your card, there is one easy solution: write a shell script that switches your tuner to TVP1 for 5 minutes every night, and then after this time, the script stops the tuner again. It's easy - you can use Enigma2 Open-Webif to switch channels.

If the provider instructs you to switch the channel to a specific one, this is normal. The Provider simply does not want to overwhelm all its networks / transponders on the satellite with EMM packets, so it will use a simpler alternative for this purpose. The EMM commands for your card are sent primarily via one stream - via a specific satellite channel. For example, it will send this data continuously for an hour, every minute, and Oscam will send it to your card.

It seems strange to me because Conax should have valid "entitlements" for a very long time. So it is enough to refresh the decode card only occasionally. This means that there is no need to overload satellite streaming with unnecessary EMM packets. Therefore, in my opinion the provider could send EMM to all clients and through all available stations, not just TVP1.

How do your "entitilements" work ? For how long are they valid ? For a month ? For a year ? Maybe shorter / longer time period ?

• Decoding cards with "entitlements" like your card do work on a different principle. Although the subscription package expires every month, at least one EMM impulse must be given to the card at this time interval (1 month) for refreshing the "entitlements". If it does not, the card will be blocked - the card becomes inactive. Then you have to send the so-called "activation EMM" to your card from the satellite provider. These EMMs in turn activate the card - they start it to receive all the necessary EMMs and ECMs again. So for the card algorithm to respond to ECM requests, the card must also be activated / registered. So it is not enough to have cards in the table, a valid end date for prepaid packages (entitlements) only. And maybe this is your problem. That means the right EMMs won't get on your card - probably because of incorrect Oscam settings (blocking of all unknown EMMs maybe ?).

• UPDATE.

refresh sent by supplier this morning and all packs now running and showing 4 entitlements instead of 2 which was the case.

I am now trying to connect the stb to my server as a proxie reader . The server is saying connected but I am not seeing pictures yet. Maybe its something like an ident that I have incorrect.

Will take a break for a day or so and tackle it again with a fresh approach.

• Now I have some channels working from my server. All channels are working on my stb with card inserted which is connected to my pc server.

I think it's something to do with ident's but not sure.

Any guidance appreciated.

• Maybe only FTA channels are working ? :) I'm not sure if it's possible to share Conax cards that require pairing with the device. Does your Conax card require pairing with your set-top box ? Although ... you actually only connect the softcam client to the softcam server. Not directly the softcam client to the decoding card.

• I run the card with rsa key in oscam and it opens all the sports movies channels etc. However today after about 5 hours some of the channels stopped so I am back to step one again. Oscam UI shows that the card now has 4 entitlements. Yesterday before refresh it displayed 2 only.

I am confused about DVBAPI and its revelance ????. Is this what shows up in the UI as emulator, under readers.

• Dvbapi is an interface that creates a virtual user in your Oscam. It is the so-called loopback user. Oscam refers to himself in requests for ECMs. This means you can connect to yourself - as if with a softcam client, you connect to your own softcam server. Oscam joins himself with the helping of this virtual user.

However, if you mean "oscam.dvbapi" file, it is different. This file is used to prioritize CAID, PROVID, and SID.

Emulator module is part of OscamEmu. There is also an Oscam without an Emu module. The emulator serves as a virtual reader with a virtual card. So you don't need a local physical card reader or a remote card reader at all. All you need is the necessary keys - in the SoftCam.key file.

• My head is about to overload with all this information.

So in my setup which is running a card locally in E2 stb allowing it to receive emms and connect this box to my server which oscam do I use, latest oscam or oscam-emu.

Thanks for all the info. I am trying to get a basic block diagram in my head as to how all this fits together. I am from the vacuum tube and transistor era .

• today I decided to change the block unknown emm in my config fro 1 to 0.

blockemm-unknown = 0

saveemm-u = 1

saveemm-s = 1

saveemm-g = 1

auprovid = 000B01

I now see that oscam has saved some UQ emms . Still only some of my channels clearing, ie all the TVP and some national geographic etc but no canal+ or eleven sports.

I am thinking should I have had the block unknown = 0 when the provider was sending a refresh to the card yesterday. Strange as they did clear at first but stopped clearing after a while.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!