RCSRDS digi romania SmartCam CI+

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,178 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hello,

I like to buy a H7C and to use a Digi Smart Cam CI+ module .

Yet I like to find out if it's possible to decode channels simultaneously, thus one tuner is used to actually watch a TV channel while the other DVB-C tuner is recording at the same time ( or a remotechannel stream ).

I am asking since I read here the CI+ module is cardless nowadays, so before I go ahead and just order things I like to make sure things will work as intended.

This thread made me somewhat confident the H7C should be able to decode the channels ( unless Antenna3 is FTA ), most likely with help of either slowzap or ciplushelper ? However it does not say things can be done simultaneously ( two streams )

Once previous step is confirmed to be working I assume the subscription gets updated monthly leaving the CI+ module in the box, or is it required to update its subscription keys in a TV ?

Hope you guys can share your thoughts with me. TiA!

gorski  jenseneverest  abu baniaz

• Did you speak to badmania98 ?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I am old but I dont remember. When we were talking?.

salut

Well earlier today sent a PM, but response came back from master G I see now.

Therefore I suppose PM got sent to the wrong person - oh well - yet we found each other :-),

So to confirm just insert CI+ module in to box and that would be all, thus without any tools / plugins , or just ciplushelper 4.8?

Also TV can be watched ( tuner1 ) and can be "recorded" ( tuner2 ) at same time, thus it can be confirmed there is no limit from CAM decoding two streams simultaneously?

mtmsc!

• Salut,

I confirm to all questions above.

My situation was more complex than yours ( 2 different cable providers: on Tuner B-Orange , on Tuner C-Digi, and I tried now to record from tuner B (DVB-C) and watch on Tuner A (DVB-S) or Tuner C (DVB-C).

It works.

Tuner B (recording) + Tuner A (watching) :

cfc50b8814.jpg

Tuner B (recording) + Tuner C (watching):

1dcceb43f992381.jpg

On Tuner B, IDA TV is recording, and you can see the small images with Tuner A or B running in the same time:

8f096.jpg4e1aa9.jpg

Q.E.D.

• thanks a lot, I read your topic rgd two cable providers.

So I assume you just tested two DVB-C streams from RCSRDS?

This to confirm the CI+ module indeed decodes two streams simultaneously, that would be too good to be true

• mtmsc badmania98 pointing me in to that direction, that indeed consists of valuable info.

As you mostl ikely figured I need to be 100% certain of things , so I can phase out DVB-S slowely.

• I wouldn't but that's just me...

I'd rather have something unrelated to the same source, as in not put all my eggs in the same basket...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!