DM900 Clone Flashing Questions

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 967 times. The last Post () by zayden.

• Two questions.

1. Is it safe to write the official firmware from dreamboxupdate.com to a clone box ? I know it won't boot because of the drivers but will it overwrite the rescue partition or otherwise do damage preventing a subsequent normal sim2.30 flash ?

2. Are the drivers completely "untethered" from the firmware/kernel level such that it doesn't matter the age of the drivers vs the age of the image you are trying to flash to the clone ?

Thanks

• You can no problem flash any firmware into an original box or clone box. You will not have a killing process as it happened for the VU+ boxes... but the firmwares are not an easy task to patch due to the drivers and firmware that need to be compatible together... and the Sim 2.30 support is dead since long...you should think to upgrade your box to the Japhar sim for DM900UHD.... if you really want to have good images and software.

Emo

• So the drivers AND the image must be compatible ? Can you explain more about that ?

I've been having a problem for a long time where my clone just freezes up and needs a hard power-cycle and it works again for varying lengths of time. I've put up with it thinking maybe it's a hardware issue but I think I can rule that out with an official stock sim2:30 flash. No longer downloadable as you've pointed out...

Thanks for your input on this.

• Image and drivers bug what you describe.

Also be sure you use the PSU that was provided with the box thst is a 5 Amp... not the one from older DM that are 2 or 3 Amp that are NOT enough for a DM900UHD... and yes due to support stopped... think of going Japhar Sim... your box with right software is excellent (I have DM900UHD clone as you with latest OpenPLi 7.2star from today from Jsphar Team, working great and stable).

Emo

• So I had a peek around back and was pulling gently on the power cord to find out which plug was for the dm900 and it came right out because (and I don't remember this...) it had the Euro plug plugged into the adapter for NA. Came right out. These adapters are terrible there is almost no resistance plugging them in or pulling them out.

Replaced that end of the power brick with a standard computer cable and plugged everything back in. Hopefully that's all it was.

• I see some of the other japhar sims allow flashing with official DM images I guess that's not possible with this ? Only Japhar images supported ?

Sorry for the questions I really know nothing about these...

• Your questions are normal, as its not easy for sure to understand.

There is no sim available for DM900UHD to use original drivers/images. If you have a clone, to use the newest clone drivers you need yo use the Japhar Sim, as the Sim 2.30 uses much older drivers.

Emo

• Every Sim2.30 image I load freezes eventually within one to days maximum. I don't think a Japhar sim will help me, I believe I have a hardware issue somewhere...

I don't think the processor is even getting overly warm. Usually freezes in idle mode,

Last thing to try maybe another 12v 5a power supply...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!