DM900 Clone Freezing - Hardware Test Available ?

There are 44 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,590 times. The last Post () by fixitrubr.

• I think I have a hardware issue with my DM900 Clone - it freezes within a day or two and must be rebooted with the hard on/off switch. This happens even with unmodified images from the dreamnew website.

Is there a way to test the hardware, specifically a mem test ? I can only imagine one of those bga's is bad or has a bad solder joint underneath it or possibly the processor itself has one.

This is driving me nuts.

• Like I said all images are freezing including those direct from the clone manufacturer. Perhaps you have a source you can point me to indicating where clones are freezing with images from the sim2.30 team ?

But you raise a good point for troubleshooting. I need to find a backup from someone running a stable clone image and flash it to my box.

• I think your mistake is in motherboard, or the known RAM error (MEMSYS error) !

send the box back to the seller

• I think your mistake is in motherboard, or the known RAM error (MEMSYS error) !

send the box back to the seller

It's a clone box and even if it had a warranty I'm not likely to send it back all the way to China.

But please tell me more about this "the known RAM error (MEMSYS error)" ??

• MEMSYS ERROR means > memory module defective, box must be replaced / complained

Another possibility might be to deactivate HDMI CEC (if it is activated). Restart and try again, just a thought

Seems to me a issue with the memory, maybe bad or some connection to the cpu, or a second stage (wrong/corrupt) software issue which does not recolonize these type chips.

• I did some reading up on the memsys error - all of them have units that fail to boot. I can't find out if they had similar problems with freezing before that happened there is no indication of that. My issue is the unit locking up after various lengths of time.

Will try disabling the HDMI-CEC thanks for the suggestion.

• if the freezers are still there despite HDMI-CEC disable, 100% motherboard error. Well, that's my opinion

• Hello all.

I got the exactly same problem, HDMI CEC disabled do not matter is my experience..

I have tried atleast a dusin images the last two years, also with multibot, an so on.

Sometimes it run for hours, sometimes for days, sometimes for weeks before it freezes.

I changed to Japhar sim, but to no avail, same freezing.. :-(.

rgds

• as I wrote, hardware problem (mainboard/motherboard). It is a "dead on arrival" error. That is my opinion.

Unfortunately there are a lot of 2nd choice DM900 and DM920 which are in circulation with the same error.

• Which image are you using,

Clone hardware is different from Original, it was an Original DM900UHD problem (Motherboard dies, no communication from CPU), but never seen a report about the Original DM920UHD or the Clone DM900UHD.

Look instead into the image and/or plugin you would have installed that would cause such freeze (related to network communication RJ45 or PSU that doesnt supply the 5 Amp or the Softcam as seenin other boxes as the reason of freezes) and driver of the image in use (exact date of the real driver as the one shown on the GUI is not valid if the bcm ko file was replaced for patching the image).

The dead DM900UHD seems to be mixed to this software freeze problem... check what freeze, check if RC works, check if you can connect to box, etc.

I had the experience just yesterday on an original DM900UHD of a freeze, oscam wasnt accessible as a server but was still communicating as a client with the other box and was in the facts alive...

This is related to software/plugins/drivers, and I never had any freeze/stop if my two DM900UHD clone with the OpenPLi 7.2star image in 2 years with latest and updated Japhar drivers.

Emo

• Ruben,

We dont find you on our members who bought the Japhar Sim for DM900UHD, do you have the VIP number ? And advise us with which image for DM900UHD you had freezes ?

Thanks,

Emo

• When mine freezes the clock on the lcd is still illuminated but does not advance. Telnet and FTP are dead/not responding. Not responding to remote control.

emosim, I'm all ears on how to narrow it down, if it's software OR hardware. Remember, this happens with unaltered Sim2.30 team images. NO additional plugins, NO additional drivers, NO oscam if not embedded in the image.

How do you determine the REAL date of the drivers ?

• Is your softcam still connected to another box ? Can you ping the box ?

Emo

• The only difference (Clone/Original) is the Chip/Sim and Memory Boot Partition, but you can swap and it works as Original, or as Clone, how you want.

That is my opinion.

• The only difference (Clone/Original) is the Chip/Sim and Memory Boot Partition, but you can swap and it works as Original, or as Clone, how you want.

That is my opinion.

Are you saying you can put a genuine (A8P ?) dm900 sim in a clone and it will work fine and accept genuine images ?

emosim replied above the hardware is different between clone and genuine.

That is my opinion.

Are you saying you can put a genuine (A8P ?) dm900 sim in a clone and it will work fine and accept genuine images ?

emosim replied above the hardware is different between clone and genuine.

No it will NOT work...

Emo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!