HDD switches from R/W to R/O

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 323 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi,

I'm having issues with PurE2 6.3 on Formuler F1 STB - brand new install made today. I have attached a 1TB HDD via USB and initialised it via PurE2. It's converted to EXT4 and auto-mounted via FSTAB. I have followed the official PurE2 setup guide from the forums.

For some reason after using YIFY-FNC plugin the disk becomes very slow and switches to R/O mode which is causing all sorts of issues like not working TimeShift etc.

I need to fully restart the STB in order to get it back working properly.

Here's the log:

enigma2_crash_1591382264.log.zip

Any help is appreciated. I'd like to avoid switching to USB drive but I will if there's no solution.

Thank you!

• Yes, sometimes I noticed that my USB stick gets movie and timeshift folders, even though I actually permanently mounted HDD as /media/hdd and USB stick as /media/usb and movie and timeshift folders should only be seen on HDD - I make sure this is so in the PurE2 settings.

If I try deleting them, sometimes I succeed with movie folder but most of the time it gets made back immediately. Timeshift I can not remove almost ever. As if it is constantly used...

When I am setting up PurE2 I kill automount each time and I make sure HDD gets recording and timeshift and nothing else. Well, a secret Kodi folder also goes there.

I make sure all FNC plugins go to USB stick, in various settings menus they have, so this shouldn't be a problem. Except DOWNLOADING, of course (YIFY).

We'll see what coders will say - but bear in mind that it is not a good time to ask questions...

Our coders are in seriously difficult situations, personally, so be patient, please...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thank you for the reply. I understand that and I'll be patient :)

One question though - switching permanently from HDD to USB stick should solve this entirely right?

• See the sticky in this section - mounting devices via killing automount, permanent v. "dynamic" mounting etc. ;)

HDD is for timeshift and recording (downloading). Kodi sends its stuff there as well (addons and settings).

USB is for picons, subtitles, EPG, various FNC folders, buffering, cache etc.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Thank you. I'm going to do that - instead of HDD only I'll go with USB HDD for timeshift/recording only + USB thumbdrive for FNC plugins

• ...and...???

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!