Xtrend ET-10000 Issue - Please Help.

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 777 times. The last Post () by ZigZag.

• Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a used Xtrend ET-10000 which i intend to use for a few months until i purchase a new receiver.

I have had it delivered and just started to set it up but there is an issue with it and i would be happy to hear from anybody who

may know of a solution, if there is one, before i send it back!

As soon as i start to use the remote control in order to scroll through the menu and set it up once i have scrolled left or right or up/down via the arrow keys

the screen turns black and stays black. Nothing is visible at all.

Thank you if anybody can help..

• it is not easy to know a solution, we are going to possible solutions...

so...possible thinks...

1) if it is the first installation, in a point it asks for "resolution" , and for video output. select the correct one ...

2) use another hdmi cable

3) try to flash another image

• I have an xtrend 10000, its setup with openatv 6.3 and has a Kiddac skin. It tool a while to set it up but works a treat.

Are you flashing it from as new or using the existing? In other words was it working when you got it?

Have you a scart connection on TV? Its possible you are changing resolution and your screen cant display it.

• When the receiver was set up earlier this afternoon it was flashed with OpenVix.

I picked up the remote and selected Menu, clicked the down arrow key and the screen went black.

After trying to get the Menu visible back on the screen for a few minutes it appeared and i pressed the remote and the screen went black again.

I then flashed, pur-e2, satdream and still the same issue.

I also tried another HDMI lead although it has worked fine on the old Xtream 9200 i replaced.

• I have an xtrend 10000, its setup with openatv 6.3 and has a Kiddac skin. It tool a while to set it up but works a treat.

Are you flashing it from as new or using the existing? In other words was it working when you got it?

Have you a scart connection on TV? Its possible you are changing resolution and your screen cant display it.

The set up is similar to the Xtrend 9200 we have been using since 2013/2014.

I tried with the image that was flashed already which was OpenVix and the issue was evident with the very first key selection of the remote.

After trying to get it to work for some 10 minutes i flashed two further images again with the same issue.

I am using a HDMI not scart lead.

I set the resolution to 50hz then tried Auto, i didn't try 60hz.

Unfortunately, if i cannot resolve it i'll have to send it back.

• if your tv has an hdmi port which is marked "arc" , try this one...

also... through openwebif you can see/work the menu?

ps. about the hdmi cable... i have a lot of cables, which are working in old receivers (old hdmi protocol) , but i have a lot of problems when i am using them in ps3 (only in 3D mode) and in my osmio 4K receiver. it has to do the HDMI protocol (and speed /data transfer etc...)

et10000 has an HDMI 1.4 port, so... you need a newest/fastest (1.4+ ) cable than et9X00 (only if yours isn't )...

• I'm using the same HDMI cable i have been using with my old 9200 and not sure if it is v1.4, i assume it isn't as i haven't purchased one for many years.

I have ordered one and expect it to be delivered on Monday. Do you think this could be the reason for the issue i have?

I hope it will work with the new cable or i will have to return it. I have ordered a v1.4, is this okay or should i order a v2.0?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!