Soft reset of motor possible without using ladder?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 493 times. The last Post () by master G.

• hello friends,

This is my first post here but have been member for some time.

I recently bought a motorised dish 80cm TM2600 motor. I used a installer who put a T & K bracket and pole in front of my house. I am getting good reception on most sats between 45e and 30w but having issue with 23.5e.

There are bunch of trees which could be blocking the line of sight but i am puzzled why I can get 19.2 and 28.2 but not the middle one.

I asked this question on other fourm and one of the suggestion was to reset the motor and change the tuner setup. My installer used hotbird to setup the motor rather than Thor. Looking at my location , it should have been Thor or 5w as reference sat.

He also did not use exact coordinates of my home rather than used City (Manchester).

So I am thinking, if I reset the motor and try fresh by parking the dish at 0.8W first and then somehow reset the motor, i may get the missing sat and channels.

I don't have ladder and not confident to climb on that to press the hard reset button so looking to see if anything I can do from my box to do the soft reset.

My box is Duo2 and using open pli latest image.

I can scan around 300 channels on Astra but the reception is poor and all channels are unwatchable. I also used a channel list but that still not help with the poor reception.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!