e2iplayer python 3

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,998 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• I have installed e2iplayer but seems eplayer 3 is not working even though I have the latest ffmpeg binaries installed.

After installing the e2iplayer dependencies on the online feed, I had IFD protocol source warning....do not know what is this.... and could not stream anything. So had to do a fresh install of e2iplayer ipk file by enigma1969.

Is this normal on this image?

Thanks

• You need to read a bit in our section on precisely this issue and inform yourself BEFORE proceeding and maybe... ;)

Not sure what Terra has done re. this plugin lately but he was making our version on our server from E2iPlayer GIT...

So, if you installed it from our server you would have a PurE2 compatible FFmpeg installed (and all the rest of it, too).

If you are improvising - sorry, can't help you, I gave up on that plugin.

Reasons are in our section, as I said...

EDIT: E2iStream/E2iPlayer and various versions of PurE2

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thanks for your reply.

Just for testing purposes, I can confirm that at least on my box the only e2iplayer that works is by enigma1969 through gstreamer. At the momemt Eplayer3 does not work on Pure2 neither through the online pure2 feed for example to stream 123movies.

• Knowing Terrajoe, I doubt that...

I would guess it depends on how you install/set it up.

I presume you did not do it from scratch and then installed E2iPlayer from Plugins?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Just for a quick test: installed PurE2 v. 6.5 in my Twin, second partition (I only restored settings but no plugins)....

Installing E2iPlayer from our feeds (Plugins > green button > extensions).

I get FFmpeg etc. that way - but no ServiceApp, as below!

53b06372b221f6b9476b.png

Testing E2iPlayer > BBC iPlayer > Live channels do not work but "catch-up" works...

a7d768ccf0e1761f2133.png

Web TV > FilmOn > working in Films...

0665b47.png

Classic Cinema Online TV > Movie Billboards > Animated > The mouse and His Child working...

a22fceec5d4734dd.png

YIFY > Gabriel's Inferno working...

852c2e33f3c64e3ebb23fe8.png

This was streaming from the net...

Now, playback on my home network, from my NAS, a concert but first let's choose Exteplayer3 without buffering...

12475dab732100b29f07e.png

OK, here it comes...

3da12dd780a0.png

Rock on, Billy...

736544d864a7da6ece4ff.png

I envy Billy, don't you? :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Or...

4ec1f3e65be485d7a3.png

So, I'd say, thanx to (I think) Mario's E2iPlayer GIT and Terrajoe's wits, it's safe to say E2iPlayer in PurE2 is rocking in almost every way (I noticed some sync issues...), at least if you respect its logic... :thumbup:

• Gorski thanks for your fast and visual reply and I can see its working ok on your box.

Yes, I did even install the image from scratch to be 100% sure before posting. I used only the e2iplayer on pure2 feeds. Then I could see eplayer3 installed and when I try to stream, infact eplayer 3 kicks in but I just see the blue buffering indicater line increasing but it does not play the video. When I change to gstreamer, I get ifd protocol source and no streams. Gstreamer works as well on yours? May I remind you that this is happening on 6.3 for 7020.

With the sofware from enigma1969 gstreamer works, it does not display ifd protocol source but no eplayer3 even though I have the same ffmpeg installed.

I know the guys behind all this are great and I appreciate their time. Otherwise our hobby ends. I just install the software which is no big deal at least to me.

• Install it again, please, then

-show me INFO > SW screenshot, then

-try again.

If not, install from MENU > Plugins > Extensions:

-YIFY-FNC

-Filmler-FNC

-Radio-FNC

-HbbTV-qt, then HbbTV Player

-try to see if Streamlord and StreamlordTV work at your end, as well

Configure each FNC plugin by opening it and going to MENU...

Then, read post no. 8 here: Fabulous FNC plugins by Franc (for PurE2 users)!!! - configure these and then...

Configure E2iPlayer in its Settings to use Exteplayer3 by default.

And do the same in ServiceApp, just in case.

Try again...

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!