help please setting up new Xtrend ET 10000 box

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,631 times. The last Post () by laurel59.

• HI all.

I've just bought an ET 10K box which had openPLi on it but I wanted to flash Open Vix as I am more familiar with it.

The seller removed all his IPTV feeds and now the box simply displays a splash screen saying Xtrend. When I tried to flash a new OpenVix image the display then freezes at "flashing" despite my using 3 different USB drives. I've tried the l;atest and earliest openVix images with all three USB drives but all with the same outcome.

I'm wondering if this means I need to reinstall the bootloader as well as the image. Is there a way of doing a factory reset that will allow me to revert to the original openVix setup that I believe the box was originally shipped with? I believe the seller experimented with all sorts of images/skin setups so this may now not be possible. it would be great if there was a simple way of doing this.

Lastly, can anyoine please advise me how best to configure the box to output RF as I would like to distribute it via an ancient loftbox.

Many thanks.

:good-morning31::dish:

• Thanks for the headsup but that's exactly the procedure I followed.

It was actually a web search result that led me to the flashing guide and to my signing up as a member of this forum.

I did as it said but the ET 10000 responded as per my original post.

Any advice re bootlockers /RF output capability much appreciated...

• found Bootloader and Xtrend ET10000 Official Image (24. May, 2014) in attachments try it please

To flash a bootloader:

name the file et10000-cfe.bin and place it in a et10000 folder.

Add a 'splash.bin' if you wish.

Create an 'imageversion' file, with a suitable name in it.

Now when the box indicates it found something on the usb stick, press the CH 'down' key (instead of the 'up' key which you would normally use to flash an image).

• Official Post

If as you say, the seller has been experimenting on all sorts of images, then you won`t need to flash the bootloader again. Last bootloader was dated 2015.

Is there an internal SATA Hard Disk connected? If so, disconnect and try flashing again.

Flashing a new image is essentially performing a Factory reset. During the flash process it wipes, formats then upgrades the flash memory. A "Factory Image" doesn`t ever stay in the memory once flashed, or you can`t roll back an image as such.

• Finally flashed my receiver to the latest Vix image which gives a fantastic picture. Impressive box despite its age and I'm looking forward to exploring the various options.:bulb::celebrate:

Strangely, the original VIX image only flashed (replacing open-PLI) after I renamed the "noforce" file to "force" as suggested by the helpful guy I bought the box from. The latest VIX image filashed from the front usb port without renaming any files (using the CH-up rather than CH down or OK buttons.

I'm still not absolutely clear about how to get an RF signal output so wold appreciate further advice.

I have two feeds from the satellite dish but only one DVB T tuner and 3 DVB-C tuners on the XT 10000 - how would I go about connecting this to the return back to the loftbox?

Would I need to obtain another sort of tuner (presumably RF enabled) or is there some way of somehow looping the feeds using my existing DVB tuners?

:spit::derpthink:

• It's been a couple of months and my ET10000 is working well. It's not 4K but I am very satisfied with my setup and looking forward to exploring its full capabilities in the future. I write only to register my appreciation for the guidance/help from so many members of this forum.

In case it's helpful to others considering this old but still excellent sat box, I was eventually able to find a very reasonably-priced new DVB-S2 satellite tuner from a seller ("fettsbook") on the German Ebay site. The tuner is the same as that used in the XTrend ET8000. There was a solitary seller on Amazon but their price was over twice that of the Ebay seller even including postage.

The ET10000 box and tuner combination does not provide RF outputs but this is easily done using an inexpensive standalone RF out box as advised earlier in this thread.

Thanks all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!