How often should I replace my coaxial cable?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,815 times. The last Post () by tricky.

• I wanted to know the average shelf life if coaxial
    cable and if and when it should be replaced,I heard through the grapevine every 3 years,is this correct? Many thanks,Micky!

• as long as it's in good condition with no visual rips or tears and no obvious signs of degrading either physically or signal wise, it will happily last many years. I have replaced mine about 3 times in total in the last 14 years.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• most cable should last 10 years mate at least ¬ like pheonix says unless there is a problem with the plastic outer wall cracking or water ingress causing signal degradation at the Lnb or motor there is absolutely no reason to replace it ! i have seen satellite cable from the late 1980's still in perfect condition ! In fact most older cable has a better copper content than the new stuff - Given the price(£££) of copper,you'll find most cables used nowadays have a steel outer braid which definitely doesn't last as long as copper !
    If i were to replace my cables i would insist on using webro ct100 or benvelo H109f as they are the best available ! Most installers use cheaper RG6 type cables these days and would argue there is little difference in signal loss between the two over a short domestic install which i would tend to agree with,However the point here is to do with lifespan and from my experience copper cables last longer - especially when water ingress occurs !
    Stay cool and insist on copper when the time comes
    :rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• The coax cable in my parents home is from 1987 and they have still a good signal on astra 19.2/3 east

Edit

Mea culpa i see it to late that this thread is dead

Gesendet von meinem E310 mit Tapatalk 2

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!