How to prevent automatic program list updates?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 460 times. The last Post () by sydell6.

• I tend to use ssh when I update my enigma box
    init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && sync && reboot
    But it has a very annoying side effect, it activates ProgrammlistenUpdater plugin and all my program lists reset.

I have removed all permissions from the plugin folder (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ProgrammlistenUpdater/) - made it 000, but this didn't have any effect.

I am using OpenATV 6.3.2 - Kernel 4.10.6

Any recommendations, to completely block program list updates?

• Remove that plugin: MENU > Plugins > RED button > Settings > highlight it > OK...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• This is embarrassing 🤦‍♂️, I've tried uninstalling it from console, but after getting a warning that the base image has dependencies on it, I haven't checked more.
    Your suggestion worked as expected, thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!