Bad sector problem

There are 39 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,223 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• Hi,

I have a problem with my DM800 HD sim 210.

Probably i flashed the wrong firmware.

Now i constantly have problems when flashing of bad sectors....

How can i solve this problem?

And what is the correct image for this model?

• as i remember, there was a tool for this (wrong image flashing) and if i am not wrong it called "yassinov" or something.

in other way, i think you can flash a correct image (including the correct secondstage loader) from serial port...

• the problem i have is that i cannot find images for DM800 HD sim 210.

I can find a lot for sim 201 and probably that is going wrong...

• yes i opened the box and the sim is 210.

And the box is a dm800HD and not the SE version.

you can take Image from SIM 2.10 and from SIM 2.01 is same

• HOW TO FIX FLASH BAD SECTOR

METHOD USED

1. Connect DM with Dream Up with RS 232 cable (Version worked for me 1.3.3.7)

2. Uncheck Network

3. Check recovery bad sector in extra

4. Select Port and Press Connect

5. Power on DM

IF IT SHOWS RECOVERING BAD SECTOR IN UPDATING

Always use Clean light Image like Merlin which is mostly 38MB without addons and keys

1. Let it complete it will take time but relax.

2. if it shows again at the end near finishing point that it still has error then Use any previouse version of Dream UP i tested 133 and 132 . again start from begining

its sure it will recover it.

IF IT DOESNT SHOW ANY ERROR IN UPDATING

then it means flash is not corrupted its just giving error due to bad image mostly the modified .

Now its so easy Let it also complete

When its finished reboot and again set the IP with front panel upgrade and open Browser and install Original Pli image

Keep in mind if ur box is clone only the original image which can erase ur whole flash

1. ur box will go NO CA ERROR .

2.Never mind Search Ferret posts of solving No CA FOUND TOOLS

3. use this tool and re alive ur box .

4. Now again send SSL first with browser and send any ur desired image .

5. Now the Box is ready for u

IF DM DONT GET ANY LOADER THEN USE THIS TIPS

Copied from another post

Description of how "close" the bad sectors in the Dreambox to flash image in browser

Description of how "close" the bad sectors in the Dreambox to flash image via internet browser

where we have no rs232 port on your computer, or DreamUp crashes all the time with bad sectors error which can not be repaired.

First DM800 off.

Second we press on the chassis power / power plug at the same time / procedure how to upload image ... /

Third STOP - DHCP - IP to display ...

4: Start**** Run**** telnet [ip Dreambox]**** Enter

5: We are in the BIOS of our Dreambox.

6: Set the picture as that is an option

"Flash Sector Recovery" to "enabled"

7: Then go to the last tab "Exit" and save settings / valid without rebooting the tuner /

8: The next steps are the same as when loading the image, the browser will have the additional option enabled message "bad sector recovery enabled"

9: Or, another message / messages when finding bad sectors in a flash they will be "closed" as we are notified.

10: After uploading the image we "reboot" and already we have a fully functional image.

thx to aliraza63

• I have tried different sim 2 images but i always get the message: image to old. box is unusable..

Just flash the SSL84 bootloader nfi file (~200kb) for your sim, and reboot the box.

Then your box will be upgraded to latest "Flash format" and so can accept all new images based on SSL84 File / Storage organisation.

If you use an older image with older SSL than 84, you will need to do the same, flash the SSL84 for the sim. Turn off box. And your box will then be compatible with all latest images.

Don't need to flash the SSL, then image and then again the SSL... don't know where people found that... just SSL84 200kb file and reboot.

Emo

• Yes, fitst i have uploaded the bootloader ssl84d and restarted the box. After i flased the image and i get this error in dremup:

0:04:19 box type: DM800

0:04:19 Enabled recovery of bad sectors

0:04:59 Calculating checksum...

0:05:02 Uploading file to box...

1:15:23 box is flashing from its memory...

1:15:26 Log: +++ 015 bad sector recovery enabled

1:15:28 Log: +++ 006 verify failed, at 00008000: e0. Block will be marked as bad.

1:15:43 Log: +++ 006 write failed, at 00a4c000: ff. Block will be marked as bad.

1:15:59 Log: +++ 006 write failed, at 01380000: ff. Block will be marked as bad.

1:16:08 Log: +++ 006 write failed, at 0170c000: ff. Block will be marked as bad.

1:16:43 Log: +++ 006 write failed, at 02c40000: ff. Block will be marked as bad.

1:16:51 OK, flash-copy succeeded

• i have flashed the box with the files you posted.

The flashing was ok.

But when the box is starting up, it hangs in the boot logo of newnigma please wait....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!