Dreambox 800 HD PVR original Problem with IP

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,035 times. The last Post () by Pyrata62.

• Hello I need an help please,

I do have do have a DM800 with a IP on my network 192.168.1.120 and I do want to flash a new image and wen I restarted the box for flash the de box the ip change for 192.168.0.18 and my network do not find the box what is I'm doing wrong?

I have been flash so many boxes and never happen to me something like that.

Please a help

• Problem solved.

I did connected direct to the computer.

the how to;

How to Connect your Dreambox to your PC

You might want to connect your dreambox to your PC for a number of reasons; stream MP3s or movies from your PC to the dreambox, record from the dreambox to a shared folder on your PC, to update the image, services or bouquets, etc.

What is needed

If your dreambox is going to be connected straight to your PC then you will need a crossover ethernet cable. This is not the same as a standard patch ethernet cable that you get with your router or cable modem, the send and receive wires are crossed, hence the name. This cable is more commonly used to connect ethernet equipped PCs together without a hub or router. But we need it to connect to the dreambox as well.

Configuring your PC

One side of the crossover cable needs to be connected to your PC, obviously. Most PCs only have one ethernet connection and it’s usually used for the internet connection. It’s advisable to buy a second network card and keep it solely for the use of the dreambox, these are about £5 from your local computer shop. But this guide will show you how to connect it to you existing ethernet connection.

I’m using Windows 10 but the steps may be different for other operating systems.

Go to the Control Panel then Network Connections. Find the ethernet connection that you would use for your internet. Right click it and select Properties. Scroll down to ‘Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)’ and select Properties. If you do use this connection for your internet then it should have the ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ selected. Change the settings.

for in my case

change from "Obtain an IP address automatically" to "Use the following IP Address"

in my case IP Address 192.168.0.100

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

then

change to "Use the following DNS Server Addresses "

I just left empty

Select OK and reboot your PC. Remember at this point you will not have any internet access so make sure you have a copy of all the guides and tools that you need. Or connect your modem via USB.

Configuring you Dreambox

Menu > Setup > network

on the gateway I did put my computer IP that i change to IP Address 192.168.0.100

Now I can connect to Dreambox by the browser and update the image.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!