Need help with skin position setup

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,065 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi,

I have Dreambox 520HD with LG smart TV.

When I try to change the UI position and size, the TV image position and size change not the UI. What can I do to solve this problem?

Note: I am using PurE2 6.3

Thanks

• Did you change the default skin, Estuary?

What are you doing, how and where?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I am using Estuary skin.

My TV support 4k.

Automatic resolution is disabled in my DM520HD.

Mode: 1080p

Display 4:3 and 16:9 contents as: Stretch linear

in DM520HD, when I go

Menu --> Setup --> System --> User interface

I can not find position setup

so I have to go

Menu --> pManager --> Video/OSD/Skin --> Skin Position Setup

After that, when I move left/right, the TV picture moves not the lines (no effect on the skin and its menus)

I also have Vu+zero with Estuary skin and it is working perfectly. I can find position setup in the User Interface and Move left/right and I can see the red lines.

Thanks for your time

Edited 2 times, last by Jack24 ().

• So: Menu --> Setup --> System --> User interface > Position setup is not to be found?

What if you put 1080i? Or if you allow automatic? Don't go to linear, try something different.

Before all that, activate log. See Stickies in this section for "how to"...

My wild guess is the drivers differ.

I don't have your STB. I have F500HD and all is fine.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• So, it's probably the driver - either not good or simply not there?

Have you tried taking it from a (Broadcom?) machine and putting it in 520HD?

I think (not sure) it's /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens > UserInterfacePositioner.pyo.

Try and tell but activate and put up a log here:

1) BEFORE YOU CHANGE the pyo

2) After you change the pyo

• Yes, it is there in both vu+zero and dm520hd.

Should I put the vu+ file on DM520?

After I activate the log what should I do?

Edited once, last by Jack24 ().

• enigma2 position setup is not great as it can offset the mini tv used on some screens.

It is much better if you set the setting on your tv and not your sat box.

See if your tv menu picture setting has an option like fit to screen

• Almost all TV's have a way to disable overscanning in firmware. This is typically hidden in the "Picture" or "Input" settings on the TV's menu system, and is called either "Overscan", "1:1 Pixel mapping", "Just Scan" or "Direct Pixel Mapping"
    • You can also fix this issue on some TV models by changing the aspect ratio to "Fit to Screen" or "Fit to Actual" instead of "16:9"

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Frankly, I have never heard of it moving the TV image...

I heard of "not working" due to drivers but...

Anyway, good luck...

• Btw, I had a quick look at your logs (I am no coder!) - but didn't you complain of the problem in DM520? Why Vu logs?!?

And on the other forum it's DM900?"? WTH?

• These logs from DM520. I think you can find vu in the logs because I tried to access the vu+zero with dreambox control center (dcc) while the DM520 connected.

But these are from DM520.

14:16:24.1103 [ ] gdi/lcd.cpp:41 setSize [eLCD] (132x64x8) buffer 0x972d00 8448 bytes, stride 132, boxtype: dm520

Anyway, thanks for everything.

Edited 3 times, last by Jack24 ().

• I don't think this is the case....

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!