Setup multiple lines for tvheadend and dual tunner

• Hi everyone,

First of all, i have been trying to find a solution for my problem and i failed to do so, but i kept ending up in this forum, so i registered here to see if anyone can help me.

Currently i have:

* A dual satIp tunner with dual lnb connected to tvheadend

* OSCam running in docker

* 3 cccam services each with multiple lines (each service should decode only one channel, or at least i think? I don't really want to get banned to try :P)

What i would like to do: be able to decode up to 3 channels at the same time.

Initially i tried to put each service lines in a separate group, and selecting Fallback for the not 1st lines of each service. Problem is there's no way to apply the ratelimit to the group, only to each card, this will cause it to send more ecm requests that it should to each service.

My last last attempt at resolving this, i created a oscam instance for each service, added the lines in there, all but the first one as fallback. So that each oscam only handles one service, but multiple lines.

Then created a "main" oscam that connects to the other 3 instances using cs357x, and in each of these readers applied the ratelimitecm

If i open one channel, oscam will try to decode it using all 3 instances.. it should only use one right? Tried to apply load balance to help with this but seems to not help much until it "sticks" with the best reader. Tried with oldest reader first mode but this causes it to jump around each reader even more...

I bet i'm doing something very dumb somewhere but i "wasted" (learned a lot actually) the last 2 weeks searching around and keep getting nowhere...

Meanwhile while digging around a bit more i found a thread with the EXACT same question: Best way to configure multiple readers in Oscam

Thanks in advance for your attention :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by shadydude: more information ().

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!