Cannot find Hotbird 13.0 E

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 566 times. The last Post () by saltydinner.

• Hi,

Got an 80cm manual dish, black ultra lnb and been up and down ladder at least 50 times and simply cannot get Hotbird 13.0E

Got a analog sat meter and also a sathero. No matter what i try, i can only get 28.2 Astra.

Also tried Satfinder on the phone, even if it says azimuth and elevation is right, no Signal Quality at all.

Any other way of getting this?

I'm using a Skystar 2 USB receiver and progdvb/dream

The channels are all fine on Astra 28.2, but i want to use Skygrabber to grab some data, skygrabber has no 28.2 profiles.

Admittedly the dish is old and rusted, should i think about getting a new dish? I got the ultra black lnb which i thought would solve the problem, but it hasn't.

Literally tried every angle, nudge by nudge and no beeps from sathero other than 28.2 which gets a lock and is 100%. Any ideas? Located in North east UK.

Any UK people here got knowledge of using Skygrabber? if so, which is the best satellite to point the dish at for file grabs? I had this working years ago, so just returned to the scene recently

Thanks

• Skygrabber used to work on Eutelsat W3A 7E , but now most traffic is encrypted.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!