Sky Q replacement suggestions

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 779 times. The last Post () by dvbuserhere.

• Hello.

Long time no post! I'm looking to get shot of Sky Q later this year so am now looking for a replacement system that will handle Freesat over the Sky Q LNB (would rather save an engineer call out and leave the LNB that's there and use that).

I've looked at the Arris official UHD-4X 2TB box as that would probably give the best transition from Sky Q and retain familiarity for others to use, a nice easy learning curve hopefully. Also it has the HDR, Dolby thing going on which is good too. However everything I read says it's a buggy mess. Freeview isn't an option for me, or DVB-T. What else is out there that I could go for?

The box must be 4K capable for both Freesat and have decent apps like iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix etc if at all possible. Does a decent 4K DVB-S2 Android combi box that's wideband compatible exist perhaps?

The Android part isn't a massive deal breaker, it would just be nice to have. I'd also like to be able to play back content from a Synology NAS, so something that can play back ISO's, mkv's etc would be good.

Bit of a wishlist I know but if anyone can suggest something other than the Arris that is family friendly and simple enough to maintain that would be great! or am I lumbered with the Arris UHD-4X?

Thanks all!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!