how to flash an amiko viper 4k

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,006 times. The last Post () by Larsson16.

• Download and unzip the image of your choice.

Copy the Amico folder to a FAT32 formatted USB Stick.

Turn off Receiver.

Plug it into a USB port on the receiver.

Turn on the Receiver and press the green button on the remote control several times, until the word "UPDATE" appears on the decoder display and wait until the process is complete.

Good luck

• OK, since I been asked and so I tried helping but I do not have the rec, so somebody who actually does have the STB, correct this, please....

For people whose box neither power button at the back nor Standby button in front:

- download the Viper PurE2 v. 6.5 image to your PC > viper4kv20-PurE2-6.5-20201115_mmc.zip

- unzip the archive to the / (root) folder of a compatible FAT32 formatted USB memory stick

- rename the "noforce" folder into "force" and hit Enter button on your keyboard

- properly unmount the USB stick from your PC (right click on USB stick > Eject command, wait to see the message "...safe...")

- switch-off your Viper by taking the power cable out

- put the USB stick in the Viper

- switch it on and immediately press the "Standby" button on your Remote Control Unit (RCU)

OR

- press the green button on the remote control several times, until the word "UPDATE" appears on the decoder display

- wait until you see "Done" message

- switch-off your Viper by taking the power cable out and remove the USB stick

- switch-on your Viper

- configure your Viper as per your requirements!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Why do you ask? Just have fun - try and tell... ;)

Then, I'll edit the tutorial again, so it's 100% correct...:cool1:

Go on, you know you want to.... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • unfortunately there is no noforce file anywhere to rename it to force

na zalost nigdje ne postoji datoteka noforce da bi je preimenovali u force

• Good evening. Please tell me what I can do to copy from the stik and other images. The noforce folder does not exist. Where to jump. Thank you. Hi Teodoro

• Why do you ask? Just have fun - try and tell... ;)

Then, I'll edit the tutorial again, so it's 100% correct...:cool1:

Go on, you know you want to.... :)

You can edit tutorial and leave green button option(replace reset button on regular viper combo 4k)as right one to flash this model 😉

• Thanks, I managed to install the image Pure E2 ,but now I do not have the image on the satellite nor does not see the satellite. What to do, move on to the original program in the factory. Thanks

• New way to flash this box, easiest way to say...

File with Image.zip on extension zip put on usb

Put usb to box

Go to online update on opet atv menu and select local upgrade chose file with image and pres ok... Thats it 😊

• Is it "online update" or is it "Flash on the fly"?

"Flash on the fly" checks both online and offline availability of images and gives you options (online and local images detected).

That's the change/principle...

Amiko Viper 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download Amiko Firmware & Images. Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision & PurE2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!