Security Irdeto (Layer 2b).

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 27,548 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• I don't want to solve it here, because you should have started your own new discussion thread ... since this thread concerns the new security of the CZ / SK sat-provider Skylink in the Irdeto mode ...

... but what exactly doesn't work ? Failed to install IPK package ? Is it not possible to switch SKIN after installing it + restarting OpenPLi ? Or what doesn't work? How does it manifest itself as "it doesn't work" ?

• ipk will be installed normally. And when I select a skin from the menu, the enigma will prompt me to restart. But after the restart, the default skin is back openpli.

• This should be debugged. I mean run PLi-7 in so-called debug mode and find out what's going on there. But I don't want to do it. It's been a long time. In addition, I've noticed that SKIN uses its own "Compontents" (Converter and Render) and these ".py" source codes may not work properly in every Enigma2 distribution. Once this SKIN can run, you may need to modify these .py source codes for PLi-7 compatibility.

• Good evening, I need a file .deb, a file .ipk, cannot be installed.

Hello. The need for .DEB packages means that you are using a completely different Enigma2 distribution based on a newer E2 core. You probably have some Dreambox device and also different firmware (DreamElite6, DreamOS, Merlin, ...). Unfortunately, this SKIN is not guaranteed to work in your Enigma.

• Qviart Lunix 4K Private Openpli 7.1 (23.January.20)

This image includes:

- Skylink.

- Spain DVB-T channels in Hispasat 30.

- Patch TNTSat and Fransat.

- Support v.14 and v.15 Sky Germany cards.

Qviart Lunix CO Private Openpli 7.1 (13.March.20):

This image includes:

- Skylink.

- Spain DVB-T channels in Hispasat 30.

- TNTSat and Fransat.

• removed by mod

That is not quite true.

The basic Irdeto 2 system from Skylink continues.

The new Irdeto Layer 2b will always be applied only to added / new channels or when moving channels to other satellite transponders ... that is, to any intervention on the satellite transponders. Unfortunately, several channels will be transferred in January 2020. For example, HBO2 and HBO3 channels. Unfortunately, these moved channels will then work in the Irdeto Layer 2b system.

The basic Irdeto 2 works in UNI readers without any problems and can even be shared via Oscam. However, there may be several problems in this basic version of Irdeto 2. For example, the Skylink provider can remotely send an EMM command for a specific decoder card firmware, for a specific user, to change the Surflock function in the card firmware. This feature then disables the decryption of more than 2-3 channels simultaneously (i.e., retrieving ECM requests from the card more than 2-3 times in 10 seconds, which is the lifetime of the Irdeto-2 decryption key). Therefore, it will not be possible to share the card.

However, Irdeto Layber 2b makes it impossible to use UNI readers and also makes it impossible to share this decoder card. This is a major problem for Oscam. Although you can use Irdeto Layer 2b in a UNI-reader (Qviart Lunix 4K does not have this hardware limitation), it will not be possible to share this Irdeto Layer 2b in Oscam.

If you come from Slovakia or the Czech Republic, your solution could be to rotate the antenna from 23.5E (Skylink) position to 16.0E (Antiksat). The Conax system is used there and the card can be shared via Oscam (within your household). Or you can buy a secondary card for 1 EUR per month if I'm not mistaken.

There is no single data encryption system devised by humans that cannot be broken by humans. It's always just a matter of time and a matter of the effort of people (crackers) to break a specific data encryption. If you wait a few months, Layer 2b may be broken and functional in Oscam. However, ordinary UNI readers are said to have hardware limitations when it comes to using Layer 2b. That's why it's such a big problem. There are many users with Linux receivers who will be forced to buy a hardware CAM module from Skylink, for a CI+ interface => no Oscam, no sharing.

In addition, DVB-S systems do not send any data to a satellite into space from set-top box. DVB-S systems work in only one direction (from the Earth's orbit, towards the user's antenna). This is a major disadvantage when it comes to breaking encrypted data. The data from the satellite in space, towards the decoder card, is always the same. It doesn't matter if you live in Poland, Hungary, Russia, you just need to have the same decoding card as someone else, with the same decoding algorithm and serial / registration number.

• They will allow this "game" until they decide that it is enough, yet Irdeto is one of the safest protection systems,

and never forget that! Just look at Digiturk 0664 or Nova 0604 for example.

Now even Total TV leave hacked 091f/0911 Videouguard, and start introduces with new reciever's Chanhong and

.. it's guess what.. of course Irdeto.

And as for Antiksat, the same..dead race, they now use unpaired conax and the same story, they go to c* as long as

it suits them. If they wanted, they would pair that conax and the game would be over as with M:sat (MTS) on the

Astra 23.5°E.

• I absolutely disagree. Every encryption algorithm on the planet Earth is crackable. Everything invented by humanity on the planet Earth and not some unknown civilization from the Universe :). Mankind cannot decipher just an algorithm that man apparently did not create - for example, something like DNA in a human living cell, like code written in a 4-digit system, by some unknown algorithm.

It's only a matter of time before someone creates a full-fledged Emu (Oscam-Emu) module for Irdeto + also the appropriate hardware to receive the satellite stream. For example, Irdeto is used infrequently, but if Irdeto were used by at least 90% of DVB-S companies / providers, then Irdeto cards would no longer be needed ! A serial number would be enough (the serial number of a user who paid for the entire bundle of channels from the provider). Even a dynamic key is nonsense. He too can be deceived. Simply put, creating a satellite card clone is not problem.

It's only a matter of time before the code cracks through the card's firmware. It's just a matter of creating an emulator for a specific decryption system. It's a matter of time to create an algorithm that can handle 100% emulation of any Irdeto card or any CAM module. Everything can be emulated, imitated, replaced, ... etc. . At the same time, the more someone tries to encrypt the data, the bigger the target for crackers.

Every businessman today assumes even with a certain piracy in his business. I dare to estimate that half of all users of services / products are pirates. On the one hand, piracy is a loss of profit for a company, but on the other hand, piracy is also a great advertisement, thanks to which the popularity of a particular product or service is growing. If piracy were really fought, then 50% of users / pirates would be lost + another 25% of legal users (for example) would be lost due to less popularity. Marketing bosses know this very well. For example, if Microsoft could cut off 100% illegal Windows 10 licenses ... then all companies in the world would start using Linux systems instead. Unfortunately, it is exactly the opposite. The philosophy of Windows 10 deliberately allows the use of even cracked licenses. Otherwise, the popularity of Windows-10 systems would drop by 50% worldwide ! That would be an unimaginable loss for Microsoft. It would lose its popularity and therefore its profits from legal licenses. Thanks to piracy, the Windows system is popular all over the world. Really. Otherwise, Linux would be popular, which is free and which is a better system (in terms of the principle of the kernel or the functions of the operating system). Even computer games are made for free today. The profit is expected from the donate system or from the supplements paid in the game ... or for surcharges if you want to play games online. Simply, piracy is rapidly increasing the popularity of products and services.

An example is the new WiFi security WPA 3, which is not always widespread among people, but already contains security risks and is already crackable and again requires some patches :). In this way, humanity really never gets anywhere. The world is ruled by money and money. And so it looks even then. The whole philosophy of how the world works is wrong. :) But I will not philosophize here :).

For example, Google provides a perfect example of a business. It provides an incredible amount of quality services for FREE - such as Email Service, Google Earth project, which I consider the most successful project in the world - an online map on the internet for everyone for FREE !!! or a very popular Android OS for smartphones. Everything is free. And the company makes huge profits (for example, thanks to advertising).

I believe that if DVB-S broadcasting were completely free, with the possibility of voluntary donation, then the company would make more money.

It's the same principle as telling people to sit at home because of the growing Covid19 pandemic. If you told people that they had to be forgiving and wearing a veil, they would be forgiving. But if you tell people to wear a veil under threat of violence or punishment, then of course they will ignore this command and rebel against this command. My favorite statement is: "People need to be taught how to think, not what to think." by Georg Christoph Lichtenberg. And this is true in all directions. Not just in politics. Not only in ordering and paying for DVB-S services. But everywhere in the world. But enough was philosophizing :). Sorry for FLOOD :). I needed to explain how it works in the world :).

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!