IPTV Starts to lag when using HD channels

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,429 times. The last Post () by thrillofit.

• Hello guys!

I have been using Dreambox atleast for over 5 years and i'm still using satellite as well as IPTV. Using Satellite there is no problem when using HD channels where it works all perfectly however as soon as I use IPTV then some channels lags quite alot when using HD and even the sound as well. I thought first it had to do with my network but when I tested through VLC then it worked totally fine so what I had to do was to use VLC -> Render to chromecast but I don't believe its a solution for me since it did work from the beginning watching HD but now lately more and more channels starts to lag. Feels like the dreambox is sort of giving up?

However I dont wan't to give up yet and Im still too bad at this since my knowledge is not as strong as you guys and I do hope that you guys can help me out.

What I know is that I believe im using OpenATV 6.3, Dreambox DM800 HD SE v2 clone.

I would really appreciate if you guys could come up with suggestion on how I can maybe improve or know how to fix the dreambox to stop lag when using IPTV HD channels?

• thrillofit

Changed the title of the thread from “IPTV Starts to lag when using HD” to “IPTV Starts to lag when using HD channels”.
  • For me it's software/firmware/image related, as your box DM800HDseV2 is still good and has a lot of RAM/Flash, to compensate some lower CPU speed (400 Mhz DuoCore).

OpenATV is a "slow image", try OpenPLi for DM800HDseV2, I think that it's much lighter and you could be surprised by much better results.

You can also try to use exteplayer3 instead of gstreamer, you will also have big differences between these two players.

Emo

• Wow thanks for the fast reply! Do you know where I can get the latest OpenPLi so I don't pick the incorrect one? Also how can I try to choose extenplayer3 instead of gstremer? Where do I do that if I might ask?

• Install serviceapp and change player to extplayer3.

As for images, in this similar sub section, check if any new images for your specific model.

• To Install the serviceapp, do I just need to do:

Code
    opkg update
    opkg install ffmpeg exteplayer3 enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp

?

Code
    opkg update

Yes, if it's not preinstalled, due to the capacity of your box the image could have it already installed as it's 1 Gb / 512 Mb, so plenty of space on the published image to have all in it already.

Emo

Code
    opkg update

Yes, if it's not preinstalled, due to the capacity of your box the image could have it already installed as it's 1 Gb / 512 Mb, so plenty of space on the published image to have all in it already.

Emo

I think I will start by finding a OpenPli that supports my box, Do you know which one is the latest version? then once that is done im going to get the exteplayer3 to work then hopefully everything should be fine.

• Try to find one that supports your box (and sim), then only choose the latest one... as there is not many for your sim.

The official openpli ceased support on OpenPLi 4.0, and DM800HDse (v1) box... so there was never an official image for your DM800HDseV2. Only "clone" teams and freelance passionates compiled it for your box.

So search around, when you find one, try to see if the download link is still valid.

Naturally you will have to search only the ones compatible with your sim... if you find an image you like that uses another sim, you would need to replace your sim by that other sim, you will have no other choice (as otherwise installing it would get your box to NO CA ERROR/Fail, and will not work).

Emo

• please try this image>>>>>>> OpenPLi-7-dm800sev2 #ssl88a

ogray9gi.jpg

OpenPLi 7 release candidate

-Build from OpenPLi git source develop branch

-GCC 6.3.0

-GLIBC 2.25

-GStreamer 1.14.4

-Python 2.7.13

-Some big binaries compressed with UPX (Ultimate Packer for eXecutables)

-Removed lots of python source files from the image

-Dedicated feed server

The box has about 300MB free after a virgin install

Code
    opkg update

Emo

I have now installed the exteplayer3, do I need to remove the gstplayer to be able to use it or how does it work?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!