ZGemma H7S which image

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,506 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Ok guys I have this receiver the ZGEmma H7S...at the moment I only want to use this receiver for UK terrestrial and streaming purposes...is there a "cut down" image to be recommended for this purpose only...I don't need the " bells and whistles" so to speak of a normal image just something simple and straightforward to use...thanks..

• Just one? You have native multiboot in there, which gives you many advantages.

What you want to stream etc.? If you have a provider of IPTV which uses some exotic codec - whoof, whoof...

A "simple" answer:

1) install (within 20 - 30 minutes)

-DreamSatGR

-OpenATV
    -OpenSPA

-PurE2

Test and see...

For PurE2, which I know best: when you install the streaming FNC plugins from Plugins > Extensions, you will also get:

-Media Player 2

-Sub Support

-FFmpeg

-ServiceApp

That means also Exteplayer3, which (in general) is better for streaming and playback...

Moreover, your appetite might grow, alongside your knowledge and experience, skills etc. You might want more...

So, it is good to invest a bit of time and good will, methinx...

The most info to support you properly on your journey you will see under my nick in PurE2, OSCam Emu and Zgemma H7 sections...

Good luck and have fun!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• @gorski...thanks for this m8....experience and knowledge level with this is no problem been doing it almost 30 years....the issue is old dish/cable/motor etc has all been binned after so many years of use and a replacement will have to wait until spring time 2021 just don't want the box sitting doing nothing...you have given me everything I needed to read..PureE2 is one I haven't looked at......ahh yes I see you exist on forum over there very good will read some more of your advice...best regards

• PurE2 is pushing the envelope when it comes to streaming, security and alike, so... ;)

H7, I forgot, has the best Stalker around, with Ministra support, properly done!

Since we are talking IPTV only for a while, well that's it! ;)

Find the Stalker thread on this great forum.

Install everything from PurE2 plugins!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• gorski on a light note English came on a boat here, a newb might misunderstand your last statement and start to install every package in the repository, and not every package that he requires, to be sourced from pure2 repository or specifically FNC plugins

• It means one does not need anything outside PurE2 image.

All that most people need is in our feed, no need for any other plugins:

MENU > Plugins > green button > choose...

Or:

MENU > pManager > right > Install CamD > confirm > choose....

• @gorski....m8 thanks for your advice and information...spent a few days reading some of your threads on this forum and on other well respected forum :wink:...I already had OpenVix installed on START_1 but PurE2 installed nicely onto START_2 partition...very familiar with this image been using Confluence skin on other streaming box for some time now ...thanks buddy for your help...

• My pleasure!

It is rather gratifying to see that my efforts, from time to time, make a qualitative difference somewhere... ;)

Stay well! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!