Multiboot in different slots

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,053 times. The last Post () by jason19724.

• I'm thinking of buying a H9 Combo. Can someone explain to me how multiboot works. I know there are 4 slots. Is each slot like a different receiver? Will I have to install my plugins, satellite channels and IPTV bouquets 4 times? Thanks for your help.

• Multiboot is exactly what you are describing.

Basically you install your images. For each image you install you have to go through the image setup wizard.

Everything that is user based, /etc/ folder, /usr/ folder etc. has to be installed seperately on that image.

So for each image you decide to install, you install your bouquets, plugins, skins, iptv seperately.

Which means you can have completely different setups if you choose.

When you reboot your box you are presented with a list of images. You select one, or after a short time it loads the last used image.

https://zgemma.org/uploads/3/4…use__zgemma_multiboot.pdf

My vu zero 4k, I have open blackhole as my main image. As it has a good multiboot.
    On top of that I have openatv 6.4 (python 2.7),

openatv 6.5 (python 3),

openvix,

pure2.

I have these images mainly for testing my wares. But you can't really go wrong with that list for ease of use.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• master G

Added the Label MultiBoot Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Multiboot” to “Multiboot in different slots”.
  • KiddaC

very nicely explained :cool1:

• hi I using zgemma h9s 4k box cannot gound openatv 6.5 I on 6.4 I trying to see which one is the best..

• There is still nothing wrong at all with openatv 6.4.
    Openatv 6.5 main difference is they have switched to python 3. Which is good going forward, but means there are plenty of 3rd party plugins and components that are not compatible.
    The average user will see no real difference between the 2 images, there is nothing visually different.

Not to sure what you are asking, but if you looking for the openatv 6.5 image for h9s it is here under the airdigital menu. (not entirely sure which h9s you got so choose from the options)

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!