Oscam/MTV Unlimited Technisat 0B00 Conax problem - wont activate new card

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,758 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi,
    i have new MTV Unlimited card, properly bought and activated via SMS: MTV unlimited Ticketshop (sms activation wrote Voucher was assigned to your smart card successfully).
    I am using latest CVS (friday) of OSCAM and TVHEADEND, installed on one ubuntu x64 server with TBS6984 QUAD PCI-E card and Smargo USB cardreader.
    The card wont activate, although TVHEADEND is (presumably) sending EMMs. It seems after start some EMMs are sent and written, and then it seems EMMs do repeat. See attached log files of oscam, and oscam config files.

oscam.log (oscam started with oscam -b -d 1222):

oscam.server

oscam.user

Code
    [account]
    user = mtvuser1
    pwd = mtvpassword1
    group = 1
    au = smargo1
    ident = 0B00:000000
    caid = 0B00
    services = mtv
    keepalive = 1

oscam.services

Code
    [mtv]
    caid=0B00
    provid=000000
    srvid=6FEE,6FEF,6FF0,6FF1,6FF3,6FFA,6FFF

oscam.whitelist

Code
    l:0B00:000000::::67 # MTV Unlimited 19E

oscam.conf

Guys on forums have suggested that oscam can activate MTV card as per http://linuxsat-support.com/os…s-dvbapi-oscam-alone.html , and that is enough to set channel MTV hits to get it done: What channel do I have to tune in to activate a Technisat Smartcard? | MTV Unlimited - Europe

Can anybody suggest other linux commandline software except of tvheadend, if that is issue ? something that uses dvb-api ? does anybody have experience with emm and streaming via dvblast/tsdescrypt ? I tested those 2 as well but it doesnt seems that tsdecrypt is getting any emm packets from dvblast, and they are not getting into oscam for sure.
    Any ideas appreciated.

• Not familiar with tvdheadend - I can see you are using it to connect to Oscam - I see you have enabled newcamd and CCcam protocol in Oscam, what protocol is it using to connect with Oscam? Also I can't see that dvbapi in Oscam will have any use in updating your entitlements as this is really only if your card is being read in a receiver using Oscam - I think in your setup it would be about how tvheadend and Oscam are speaking to each other that dictates how successful it is in updating entitlements.

I managed to update entitlements on an MTV Unlimited card being read in Oscam connected to CCcam client, and seemed to have better success with CCcam protocol rather than newcamd, although I had only sent the renewal code to the MTV website about half hour before it updated in Oscam with CCcam protocol, If I had stuck with the newcamd and been a bit more patient, it might have worked, but I won't know that until the next time.

In my Oscam setup for the MTV card, I didn't use an ecm whitelist, also I kept it on VH-1 Classics and it updated on this channel.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I have identified the problem to be tvheadend related. After a fierce fight, i have finally got i***** epsilon (NL TV) card working seamlessly with oscam. First problem was dvblast, figure out proper ecm/emm settings and figuring out i have to compile latest version did took quite a time. After dvblast fixed, ecm/emm started to arrive in tsdecrypt and i was able to start querying oscam. I have figured out some stupid issue thanks to debug log (ex. bad ecm whitelist) and ping, i***** card working, configuration is one dvblast streaming out 8 streams (7 encrypted, one fta) to muticast streams, 5 of those are decoded by 5 tsdecrypt instances (other 2 seems not to be entitled with this card, they simply dont work) and restreamed to new multicast streams, and at last both the fta and decrypted multicast streams are fed to IPTV input of multicast nad then streamed to apple TVs. I am so happy i got working atleast this i***** epsilon which confirms my setup is able to work, so today i will swap cards and start retrying with MTV.

• I have tested with MTV card overnight and something is wrong, it dont want to work, here is part from oscam.log:

output of tsdecrypt

oscam.server

oscam.user

oscam.conf

From what i can see, i would tip that something is wrong with the card not accepting those global emm. Could you paste me output oscam -b -d 71 for comparison ? Its now hard for me to identifiy where exactly the problem lies, if its dvblast messing, or tsdecrypt, or oscam wrong config.

• I have identified, that EMM are going to the card properly, so i analyzed in detail and bigger time scope and concentrated on EMMs purely.
    MTV Viva channel is sending shitload of Global EMMs, which end up in endless card errors, card wont eat them and refuses to communicate at all, which is indeed not wanted as i want it to catch the right EMM to activate. So, i have deactivated global emms in config and disabled them in oscam.server

Code
    saveemm-g = 0
    saveemm-unknown = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1

This action had eased the card load and it began to accept also other types of EMMs, those i seek for - shared and unique.
    I have analysed logs of server running +-18 hours, here is result for shared EMMs:

It seems that shared EMMs do come and are written and card accepts them, which is good. They however seem to be repeating, so oscam skips them as per its config. I dont know if thats good or bad, if i should allow them to be written for unlimited time.

I have searched for unique EMMs, which to my knowledge should be those to activate card (please make me wrong, i am hardly guessing and lacking any detailed knowledge how this works and yeah there is no manual for clear reason : ). At last, in this 18hrs time period, after some hours waiting unique EMMs finally arrived:

And, card got updated and activated, and it started decrypting MTV channels ! Thanks to everybody helping me with this, hope this can help to some newbies searching for right anwers as me did. And i have one question for end - if i disable unique EMMs, is it possible that card wont deactivate after time period of activation passed ? Well it would be stupid bug of conax indeed, smartcard code should compare timestamps of EMMs and disable itself within card with no matter if "disable" unique EMM will arrive :)

• I am deeply sorry, but my post are vilation of forum rules as i have read later and i really really apologize. Please remove this thread.

• can't see much wrong with your post to be honest! - just boxkey and ip and passwords which i blocked out. We appreciate your account on what you did to get this working as it may help others. To answer the question about the card deactivating, with an MTV Unlimited card, the entitlements will last for the period of your subscription, so you won't need to worry about enabling EMMs in your configs (you can disable them if you like) until you renew your card.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!