the current landscape?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 632 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• ive had my linux box for over a decade now, starting with a vuduo.

i was a legit sly subscriber and loved the flexibility of using the linux box over the crap 'legitimate' box.

then they moved to red cards, and then it all stopped working a few years ago. I stopped my subscription because i didn't want to pay £35/month just for F1, so last year i cancelled and so all iv'e had are the FTA HD channels.

has anything changed in the last few years? or is it still the same? do we still not have access to sly or VM channels even if we are legit subscribers? no way to decrypt anymore?

i've no idea how to find out or who to ask.

• In a nutshell pretty much everything is dead to a degree. (but not completely)

With cardsharing you can still get some of the encrypted channels like documentary channels, but none of the major sky channels like sky sports or sky movies.

Up until last year you could get the majority of channels on Virgin even as HD, but sadly that also eventually got blocked.

There are many freely available plugins knocking around that enable you to use free cardsharing 24h server trials. That refresh every day.

A good way to get some extra channels, but depending where you live in the world, not highly reliable. Especially if your after good UK channels

I think this one is still active
    FreeServer Enigma2 Plugin by Mino6060 - v_ 7.1.2 updated 1/1/2021

The majority of people now are using a mixture of freesat channels, cardsharing for the handful of channels still available, but mainly the go to source for channels is now IPTV.

I have a couple of plugins for playing iptv lines that you can find on this forum

Xstreamity

JediMakerXtream

But it's up to the user to source their own iptv lines for those plugins. The plugins don't come with any channels.

Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow the discussion of iptv providers. Who are good, who are bad, where to source from etc etc.
    Even Reddit which used to be a good source has now restricted users from posting IPTV sources.

Google is your friend. You can find everything you need if you look hard enough.
    Whether that is IPTV trials and sources, free camservers, free netflix etc.

But like you say... the cable cutting world is totally a different world now.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!