BackUP-DreamElite-7.1-Dreambox-ONE-UHD-19-01-2021

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,596 times. The last Post () by ades.

• Official Post

Well i do agree when you modify others work you should allways ask for permission or follow the licens.

Now in this case he has just added his credential as the modifier into the about screen, And thats not illegal.

Also Dream-Elite protect their own code so thats closed and you cant really do anything.

The code for the about screen is opensource and can be modify by any one. It's coded by DP.

They also dont build their images from the ground up anymore but have choosen the same path as GP 4 and are now an addon to the DP factory Image.

But i agree that we have some moral aspects to follow even if the source code is open

But in this case i must say that it's stil pretty clear what team is behind this image :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Is it really necessary to add own credential in an Image for a backup ?
    Sorry for me it looks like he has done no work at all in this image and only putting some plugins in and some setting list and so he will earn the fame from other users ?
    Baaaah this is a shame from my point of view
    You can put your credentials then by presenting the backup in a thread and also a respectful thank you to this great team which has done a very good work with the new Dream-Elite Panel
    That is the right way but not as it was done by this user

And by the way it is good that Dream-Elite meanwhile protect their code because they know very well that users take everything without any permissions.
    And do you have some information why they do not build from the ground own images ?
    Because users like this one do not respect rules and open source licenses like in the past it was.

• More babies do an image, more proud should be the team. Once released an image is no more under your control... concerning the source, anyway the enigma2 that IS the main part is the same for all the teams... so in fact the biggest job is the enigma2, all other stuff is only cosmetics and some extra tools... it is definitely a nice work and job as in this image, but still very little compared with the big part that is the enigma2 binary... fully closed source code from DMM.

Emo

• master G

Added the Label Dream-Elite

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!