openbh 4.4 004 octagon sf8008 backup image - 20210125​

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,974 times. The last Post () by Servalli.

• openbh-4.4.004-sf8008-backup-202 10125

a9f17805c61a2be447bdf3.jpg

1646043e9029f01c1.png          953e1dee5b280c42cca8.png           cd18793.png             c3cc1.png        77104099326a9d513d3979914.png          1310724ac7166.png

d972727fd.png         2b2ae74e6949a3c81630b50f.png       1c3cfdb32541813d93290047.png

ambientazione: Vhannibal 13/19 E2 + Dtt + Italia Rai bouquet 12 gennaio 2021

cccam 2.38

oscam 11678

Ncam 11.6

pelle: originale

utente: root

Pw: pippo

Saluti,

• How can I load this image into the decoder?

I format the USB in fat32

I unpack the file and insert the octagon folder + the force_sf8008 file (copied and renamed) in the root directory

I insert the usb in the side port of the octagon, and then what are the steps?

• I insert the usb in the side port of the octagon, and then what are the steps?

Press and hold the standby button and power on the box until "Updt" is displayed.

Select "Recovery From USB" from TV screen menu.

Box restarts when update is completed.

I tried to do this, but I can't complete the procedure, because it tells me that this file is missing: "usb_update.bin"

I currently have a multiboot install and I don't know if that is the reason for the problem

• usb_update.bin is included in the recovery_emmc version of images.

Place the usb_update.bin file in the root of the usb stick, not inside the octagon folder.

Sorry but I still don't understand, I think for you it's "like drinking a glass of water" :mute:

All Openblackhole image, don't have inside a "usb_update.bin"

This file is "universal"?

can I download the recovery image of the blackhole from their site, and create the usb pen where in the main folder have only:

-octagon folder

-Force file

-usb_update.bin

(I see, in the recovery_emmc other file, like : apploader.bin, fastboot.bin, imageversion, bootargs.bin) this file is not necessary?

Thank's

Edited once, last by Servalli ().

• Official Post

You can install the image in another multiboot slot instead without completely erasing the existing image ~ Guide how to Multi-boot various Enigma 2 images on the Octagon SF8008

This file is universal?

can I download the recovery image of the blackhole from their site, and create the usb pen where in the main folder have only:

-octagon folder

-Force file

-usb_update.bin

I can`t say for sure. Maybe pippomus can provide you with the file as he built the image.

The force file should be inside the octagon folder then sf8008 folder with the other image files, not in the root of the USB stick.

(I see, in the recovery_emmc other file, like : apploader.bin, fastboot.bin, imageversion, bootargs.bin) this file is not necessary?

Only necessary if the box isn`t booting properly.

• Hello Friend Servalli

our master g

it gives you precise indications but you have to think that this is already filled out
    you want it from the first installation here it is https://mega.nz/file/cx4G3Aya#…qVXqJ-6oMwkka7zNJvtgwrFbQ

ffor recovery here https://mega.nz/file/spoySICT#…TrN_gASyQwTWN5x5BwTP3SMg0

regards,

i really think i'm a bit mongoloid, in figuring out how to install this backup to try

If I understand correctly:

- download and unpack this backup

- download the recovery file and extract all the files

I copy all the recovery files + the octagon folder (from the backup) to the USB stick

I insert the pen in the decoder, I do the flash and when I restart I have a working backup?

or should I install the backup later, after installing the "clean" version?

• Official Post

or should I install the backup later, after installing the "clean" version?

Its recommended you install a recent, clean base image first with the recovery files and compatible image / octagon folder on USB.

Then install the backup into one of the multiboot slots after. You won`t need to use the recovery file this time. Follow the guide i linked in post #10.

Each time you want to add a new image insert it into a multiboot slot. When you want to wipe everything and start again use the usb_update.bin recovery file.

• MasterG it was an honor to have your support

pippomus, thank you for the files you linked to me

I just wanted to install this backup version inside my octagon .....

but if I can't with this, I don't think I can install anything (which I don't download via the online updater)

I don't understand, step by step the procedure and which files ...

I give up

I'll keep reading, maybe I'm lucky enough to read what I need

Thank you very much

• Official Post

This guide shows how to USB flash the new multi-boot recovery menu and new image flashing procedure for Amiko Viper 4K, Gigablue UHD Trio 4K and Octagon SF8008.

Recovery menu only has to be flashed once or if a new version is released, this DOES NOT have to be flashed every time you want to flash an image. This is a basic overview how to flash the new Recovery multi-boot menu and a new image to slot one only.

If you've already flashed the new recovery multi-boot menu or you've purchased a receiver and the new recovery menu is already installed, you can jump to 'Step 10 below'. Step 10 onwards explains how to flash the image.

If you want to take a settings backup please do so, you can then re-store settings & plugins after you've re-flash. If you need help with this please create a new Forum thread.

You will need a USB stick formatted FAT32. I've personally test a number of sticks from 2GB to 64GB. Some sticks can be problematic and fail to be recognized correctly. If you face an issue with the USB stick not being recognized, try formatting FAT32 with 'Mini Tool Partition Wizard' Free edition. Download via link below:

Code:

Code
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

1) Download recovery_emmc.zip for your model receiver from www.openvix.co.uk.

2) Extract the zip file.

3) In the extracted file you will see the following files:

• apploader.bin
    • bootargs.bin
    • fastboot.bin
    • imageversion
    • usb_update.bin

4) Copy the above 5 files directly to root of your USB stick.

5) Ensure your receiver is powered off and connect USB stick to USB port on your receiver.

6) Amiko Viper 4K & Gigablue UHD Trio 4K hold down REAR reset button and power on while hold this down. Octagon SF8008 hold down front dStanby button and power on whilst holding this down. Once UPDT appears on front screen release reset button or power button, whichever applies to your receiver.

Once booted into the new recovery menu you will see the screen below. ENSURE YOUR USB STICK IS FULLY MOUNTED, SEE TOP RIGHT CORNER FOR USB STICK USED IN THIS EXAMPLE. IF YOU DO NOT SEE /mnt/HDD0 XXXX free DO NOT PROCEED, YOUR USB STICK IS NOT FULLY DETECTED. TRY RE-FORTMATTING THE STICK USING 'MINI TOOL PARTITION WIZARD'. NOTE WINDOWS 10 FORMATING CAN HAVE ISSUES:

attachment.php?attachmentid=60019&d=1587480568

7) IMPORTANT, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING THE FIRST TIME TO ENSURE RECOVERY MULTI-BOOT MENU IS FLASHED TO YOUR RECEIVER & CORRECT PARTITIONS INSTALLED. SELECT 'FLASH RECOVERY IMAGE' > PRESS OK AND ANSWER YES WHEN PROMPTED.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60022&d=1587481407

attachment.php?attachmentid=60021&d=1587481407

8) Once completed your receiver will boot into your previously flash image. If the receiver gets stuck on boot it just means you need to flash a new image. Either way NEW IMAGE HAS TO BE FLASHED.

9) Due to flash partition re-sizing you now need to flash a new image.

10) Power off, BUT ENSURE RECOVERY IMAGE FLASHING IS COMPLETED BEFORE POWERING OFF.

11) Download the image ZIP file for your receiver. Image zip file ends in simply 'mmc.zip'.

12) Copy the complete 'ZIP' file to root of USB stick, DO NOT UNZIP.

13) Amiko Viper 4K & Gigablue UHD Trio 4K hold down REAR reset button and power on while hold this down. Octagon SF8008 hold down front Stanby button and power on whilst holding this down. Once UPDT appears on front screen release reset button or power button, whichever applies to your receiver.

Once booted into the new recovery menu you will see the screen below. ENSURE YOUR USB STICK IS FULLY MOUNTED, SEE TOP RIGHT CORNER FOR USB STICK USED IN THIS EXAMPLE. IF YOU DO NOT SEE /mnt/HDD0 XXXX free DO NOT PROCEED, YOUR USB STICK IS NOT FULLY DETECTED. TRY RE-FORTMATTING THE STICK USING 'MINI TOOL PARTITION WIZARD'. NOTE WINDOWS 10 FORMATING CAN HAVE ISSUES:

attachment.php?attachmentid=60023&d=1587482380

14) Select 'USB Multiboot Image Upgrade' > Press OK > You'll then see the following screen. At the top you will see the image zip file. In the field below you can select an eMMC slot to flash the image to. For this guide we are selecting Slot 1 where there is currently an OpenViX image installed. We will re-flash this slot. Select 'Start Upgrade' once ready and press OK.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60024&d=1587482916

attachment.php?attachmentid=60028&d=1587483152

attachment.php?attachmentid=60027&d=1587483152

15) Keep and eye for the Completed notice in screenshot below, appears for couple of seconds only. If miss it, simply press EXIT on your remote for the next step.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60029&d=1587483503

16) In the next screen select 'Multiboot Selector' and press OK.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60030&d=1587483701

17) Select image in STARTUP_1 and press OK, your receiver will now reboot. Flashing process is completed.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!