Settings import from other multiboot images

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,309 times. The last Post () by m-tomatis.

• Hi all,

i've just installed a new image in one of the multiboot slot of my SF8008 and I wonder if there is some way to copy all settings from another installed image or I'll have to scan all channels from scratch. I have a motorized dish, so it would be convenient a "copy and paste" solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Official Post

Your channels files are in etc / enigma2

You need to copy all files from one image to the other

somename .tv

bouquets.radio

blacklist

lamedb

lamedb5

somename.radio

"somename" means any file name that ends with .tv or .radio

There will be a lot of files

Let us know how you get on, i keep meaning to make a script for this.....maybe one day lol

• Thank you so much, I'll try this way.

It is a bit off topic, but maybe you can help me anyway. If not, I'll open a new, specific topic.

I am testing the "Define OS" image and I must admit it is as powerful as difficult to use. I could set terrestrial channels at once, but I am stuck because I can't find a way to switch to sat channels after searching them.

Is there an official page describing all its features?

• when you are installing an image to multiboot, through internal installer, it asks you to install with or without backup and which slot,

and when the new image is booting, it asks you to restore them...

but because i know the other conversation (and not all doing that) you are not giving (again) a few more info (to help you easier someone who knows ) which image is that, because if that image is "define os" , it isn't enigma2 and i don't know the compatibility with enigma2 ... maybe by using a settings tool (dreamset/dreamboxedit ) you can do the job, or as jenseneverest said, you can take those files, and place them to the correct dir (in define os, i thing is another...)

also if you want the channels and not only the favorites, you need and the lame.db files, but for replacing them, in enigma2 you need to stop enigma by giving "init 3 "in telnet (i haven't try define os, i don't know if the same happens there)

• Sorry, I thought Octagon could support E2 images only; I did not know that "Define OS" was so different.

I installed the mmc.zip file from usb and the system did'n ask me for any backup. I am really new to the Octagon world, so I have to understand it better. Please let me know a place where I can get information on how Define OS works; it is very smart, but quite difficult to use if compared with standard images like BlackHole or ATV.

• Official Post

Sorry, I thought Octagon could support E2 images only; I did not know that "Define OS" was so different.

I installed the mmc.zip file from usb and the system did'n ask me for any backup. I am really new to the Octagon world, so I have to understand it better. Please let me know a place where I can get information on how Define OS works; it is very smart, but quite difficult to use if compared with standard images like BlackHole or ATV.

it is basically the firmware from one of there other models, ported to run on the linux e2 box

This is all i could find, English starts about halfway down

https://www.octagon-germany.eu…TAGON_SX88_HQ_deu-eng.pdf

• Thank you for your info. In short, it is an official Octagon firmware ported to SF8008 from other models. Now I understand why it is so difficult to find information about it - it is not open source at all.

I'll play with it and see. Native multiboot is such convenient!

• Just to let you know that after connecting to the SF8008 via FTP, in "/var/volatile/tmp/userdataroot/" it is possible to access the filesystem structure of all the installed images. However, I found this path only works if DefineOS is the working image. If fact I could easily copy all the Enigma2 folder from OpenATV to OpenEight. But there is no way to access DefineOs from a standard E2 image.

Edited once, last by m-tomatis: adding information ().

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!