OSCam_11.683-r798.sh install missing in OpenEight

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,092 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Hi all,

Just to let you know that after installing OSCam_11.683-r798 in the latest version of OpenEight image, the "OSCam_11.683-r798.sh" shell script which should manage the cleaning of the /tmp folder and the activation and restart of Oscam won't be installed and is actually missing. So, after installation, Oscam has to be started manually.

Could someone please tell me into what specific folder the script file should be placed? Thank you!

• Ok, it is the one you found and showed in your pictures.

However, the problem remains (unless it has been fixed in the latest version; I'll test it).

I'll try and explain better. Inside init.d folder there is a file named "softcam.OSCam_11.683-r798" which should start/stop Oscam. But it points at the folder /usr/bin/ while the binary is installed in /usr/bin/cam

I tried to put the binary into /usr/bin/ but the system could not reboot. I solved by deleting that file via telnet.

Any hint?

• Hi.

Are the execution attributes for the files also set correctly ?

chmod a+x /etc/init.d/softcam* /usr/bin/oscam*

Of course, the file attributes can also be set via the FTP client, to the value "755", for example via the built-in FTP client in Total Commander.

BTW, I don't know the name of the binary oscam file... but if it doesn't match, you have to rename it, according to the "init.d" shell-script.

If your Enigma2 OpenEight uses the "/usr/bin/cam" directory, then modify the path to the binary file accordingly in the trigger shell-script "/etc/init.d/softcam.<softcam-name>".

• Thank you for your answer.

Actually I think there is a blocking issue regarding Oscam-emu (even the latest version) and OpenEight. As I try to change path in the init.d script (or move the Oscam binary to the /usr/bin folder), Oscam starts (verified via port 8888) but the system hangs and won't reboot anymore. It can be recovered only by removing the Oscam binary or changing the script path via telnet.

• You probably don't have every Run-Level handled correctly on the Linux system (using the "update-rc.d" tool), or the shell script in "init.d" is probably written to freeze - when commanded to shut down (reboot) the Linux system.

My recommendation:

stop Enigma2 to run and control the softcam :). Uninstall all .ipk softcam packages and remove all binaries or init.d scripts for softcam. Then use the manual softcam installation method. Use linux-based softcam starting.

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

• No way, I guess. Octagon forum does not provide any support for Oscam and softcams in general and OpenEight official page has no contact links...

Anyway, after making some changes in the init.d script, something got better. But I have still to work on it; the issue is inside that specific file.

• https://github.com/Openeight/enigma2

https://github.com/Openeight/enigma2/search?q=Softcam

I don't know if this GitHub belongs to the official OpenEight, nor who is the author of this image. It looks like a copy of OpenATV, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't know where OpenEight comes from.

In my opinion, there is just some error in the init.d script used, as I wrote before. Alternatively, there is an error in improperly used / incompatible system Run-Levels.

Upload as an attachment here, your "init.d script" for the softcam you have in your Enigma.

• i have to ask...

where did you found and installed this version of oscam (or oscam-emu?)

i am not sure of what still works or happens, but the last time that i used openeight, i installed the "openeight secret feed" from this thread OpenEight Softcam Feed , i installed the (this time) latest oscam-emu, and it worked perfect...

the file installed just as "oscam-emu" (both .bin file and script "softcam-oscam-emu) without any special version naming, and i think that in any updates, they just upgrading the .bin file...

for the moment, in a quick view, in the receiver it looks active

in telnet not...

or you can try the files that i downloaded from this feed (but i think that alliance looks common now with other images) and if you want to update oscam-emu, just rename/replace oscam-emu.bin

• Thank you, I didn't know this extension. I downloaded and installed the ipk file from this very site:

Oscam emu ALL Images mips--arm .ipk .deb

Maybe it was not the best choice; anyway I managed to let it work (at last!) with the help of another user of this forum who gave me a suitable version of the init.d script

Basically, what is inside that ipk does not work for OpenEight - only the Oscam binary does. The start/stop script is wrong. At first it does not work because of binary folder path mismatch (ipk installs the binary into /usr/bin/cam while the script looks for it in /usr/bin). If one fixes this, the system just hangs.

Here is the init.d script inside the IPK:

Here is what I am using now:

• i think that he tries to create a "universal" file , which will work in all images,

but there are many images, and all of them are doing changes... so it is not easy to "keep updated" all them.

in any case, you can do a report to the files author (i think that there is a thread in linuxsat) and than it is his job to fix it...

• There are a few things in this script that may not work in every Enigma. It was written by audi06_19 . If the "init.d script" is written specifically for OpenEight, then it must work correctly. But if the "init.d script" is written as universal, then it may not work correctly in every Enigma. Try using my softcam init.d script - https://github.com/s3n0/e2scripts/blob/master/softcam (you can find the procedure and explanation in my script). Of course, you should also customize this script of mine, and don't forget to assign the attributes of the script execution (chmod a+x /etc/init.d/softcam*).

• Yes, i've just contacted him and reported this issue. Hope it may be useful.

Unfortunately there are too many Linux distros which behave slightly differently one another. It is almost impossible to maintain the package updated and working for all of them...

• But you must first state where the mistake is :). For example, generate a debug-log under your Enigma. There may be a visible problem with the freeze - because of the freezing of Oscam, as you write (and the freeze is supposed to occur during the reboot of Enigma).

BTW, edit your previous post and please re-insert the shell script into the CODE TAGs. It is very difficult to read. 🤔 Thanks.

• Actually, I believe the problem is only the script itself. It hangs the system as it starts Oscam; the box won't respond to commands anymore and after doing a hard reboot, the startup process stops at 45%.

In such conditions only a telnet connection is available and I used it to change the Oscam binary path inside the init.d script. Rebooted and magically anything worked again (with no Oscam, of course).

I solved by uploading the longer alternative script I posted in a previous message of mine (I edited my post as you suggested).

• the problem is that in the .ipk is a "postinst" file in the control file,which depending the image, creates and the paths, and installs files.

for openeight (and a few other images) is the below command

Code
    elif grep -qs -i "OpenEight" /etc/image-version ; then
        echo "OpenEight image"
        cp -rf /tmp/DreamOSat/openeight/* / > /dev/null 2>&1
        mkdir -p /usr/bin/cam > /dev/null 2>&1
        cp -rf /tmp/DreamOSat/${BIN} /usr/bin/cam/ > /dev/null 2>&1

which creates dir in usr/bin/cam, and which is an old dir of alliance images, but as i can see in newest images, this has changed...

• ......alternative script I posted in a previous message of mine (I edited my post as you suggested).

Great. Thanks. But you could copy it from again with CTRL+C / CTRL+V , because there is an incorrect identation :).

If the second "init.d script" works for you, then it's OK.

The broken script could run in debug mode and find out where the problem is (insert debug output, from Shell, here in the discussion):

bash -xv /etc/init.d/<shell-script-filename> stop

...and also... :

bash -xv /etc/init.d/<shell-script-filename> start

• In In this assembly () everything is already fixed ... OK assembly () everything is already fixed ... OK

Hi all,

Just to let you know that after installing OSCam_11.683-r798 in the latest version of OpenEight image, the "OSCam_11.683-r798.sh" shell script which should manage the cleaning of the /tmp folder and the activation and restart of Oscam won't be installed and is actually missing. So, after installation, Oscam has to be started manually.

Could someone please tell me into what specific folder the script file should be placed? Thank you!

In this assembly (enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.685-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk) everything is already fixed ... OK

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!