Gigablue 800SE Stuck on Loading

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,520 times. The last Post () by nano.

• yes you are right because i was able to reflash it,but now i am stuck on boot (blue led screen on box) once again and more over when i plug my sandisk usb pen its light wont blink or turn on like it did ,i think now its really gone . . . . there wasn't a signle firmware that worked properly ,maybe the hdf one worked at 60%. . . the others either would not connect to internet,keeps saying on tv loading . . forever,did not load ipk's from tmp folder,other would see them but could not install them,reboots when you go on certain submenus settings all of the time,do not buy gigablue !!and if you did return it!! never had a peace of crap lilke it before ,and i had a lot of receivers,azbox openbox,golden media,nokia skistar,stronc etc . . . i can tell you the worse of the worse of them is a way better than a gigablue

• Just because you are having problems with this receiver, it doesn't mean that the GigaBlue is a bad receiver. It is either faulty, or more likely you are not setting it up or installing the firmware properly. These are good receivers, and are well supported.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• this is bad box many people have same problem when either they flash wrong image from se to solo or other way around.
    you siad the box has good support that is not true at all. If they have good support why they do not give a soloution to the boot issue
    I advice all people to not buy gigablue at all it is bad

• this is bad box many people have same problem when either they flash wrong image from se to solo or other way around.

Thats true of ALL receivers on the market, if you flash the wrong image you run the risk of damaging the receiver, luckily though there is a readily available J-TAG method to ressurect boxes with corrupted bootloaders etc.

you siad the box has good support that is not true at all. If they have good support why they do not give a soloution to the boot issue
    I advice all people to not buy gigablue at all it is bad

once again your way off the mark with that comment, the Gigablue is a very widly supported receiver, and as i said above there is a readily available J-TAG solution to ressurect "bricked" receivers.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Once again another person who thinks a box is bad because they have managed to brick it and are frustrated because they can't get somebody to spoonfeed them on how to fix it :snicker:

All images on this forum are clearly marked which receiver they are for. If your daft enough to not check and flash the wrong image to your box, then unfortunately you can only blame yourself for the problem you are having.

As for your comment saying the box isn't supported, that's utter cobblers :waaaht:

Lets see, The Gigablue is supported by Open Mips, Open AAF, VIX, Powerboard, SIF, Team red, Italysat, and HDFreaks.

So your theory is that 7+ teams supporting this box in your mind means poor support, what are you on?

last time i looked Powerboard and SIF are one of the oldest teams going. I had Powerboard images on my old dBox2 which shows how long they have been around. I also remember the first image i ever flashed to my DM7020Si was a SIF image and that was a good 5+ years ago.

I have lost count of the amount of boxes i have bricked and managed to bring back to life. In each case i have figured out how to fix it by looking for the answer to the problem on the forums.

These are great boxes for the money, if you know how to use them.

Nano

• I could not have worded that better my self, and to my knowledge the only boxes at present that can not be revived by a J-TAG or rather there is no public J-TAG available are the Vu range of receivers, and possibly the xtrends too. but then again it's not too easy to truly brick one of these receivers unless you botch a bootloader flash.

now as far as support goes for the Gigablue goes most of those teams mentioned are OE-Alliance affiliated which increases the potential to 12 fully fledged teams who can easilt provide support, not to mention pli who will no doubt provide support in due course, so for some one to say they have poor support, that person really does not know what there talking about.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I will be looking at getting another Gigablue in the not to distant future. I've got my 800HD solo and its never missed a beat, as to have the other seven or so Gigablue boxes that i have set up for friends and family. I may treat myself and get a Gigablue Quad, although its more than likely going to be a Gigablue UE.

From all the comments i have read in the past its usually people who don't know how to set these boxes up that say that they are bad boxes, that and companies that are trying to sell you something else, that in reality are no better than the Gigablue, regardless of what they may say to put you off.

For the money they are good, well supported boxes that are a lot of the time better value than some of the clones that are available.

Nano

• In other words i'm guessing it has to go back to the place where you bought it for them to send it to Gigablue for repair.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!