Kodi doesn't work with zgemma H9 combo and openatv 6.4

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,695 times. The last Post () by destro84.

• Hi everybody. I'm facing a lot of problems with kodi r18.0 (plugin version downloaded from the openatv feed) [Kodi Leila 18.9 installed version] in my zgemma H9 combo with latest version of openatv 6.4, The problems are the following:

-the plugin starts and I'm able to navigate inside it, but if I try to launch a video the screen is totally black and nothing appeared. If I push stop button on the remote, the plugin return on kodi home page. In oder words, I can't play any type of video;

-the plugin screen resolution seems really low and the quality is so bad. It seems that the set resolution is like 480p.

I've tried to remove and re-install the plugin without any result.

Can you help me? Any suggestion?

• master G

Added the Label Kodi Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Kodi doesn't work with stemma H9 combo and openatv 6.4” to “Kodi doesn't work with zgemma H9 combo and openatv 6.4”.
  • I have a COMBO and a TWIN. Have done a lot of testing of KODI 18 on OpenATV and OpenVIX. I am not having the issues you have.

However, KODI does not work properly on these boxes using KODI v18. I use Real Debrid and when a film does start, if you monitor the memory usage, it goes up and up. Give it 20 mins and the memory usage hits 95% and the box crashes. If you use older images with KODI 17.6 on it, this does not happen. Very frustrating but there you go.

I also have an Octagon SF8008 box. Do not get this problem at all watching the same movie.

• bazbailey can i ask you how to install kodi 17.6? Do you install it from plugin list accessible from green button? I found only kodi r18.0 on it. Do you know a way to install it via telnet (ssh)?

Thank you very much. I think the last chance I have, if i'm not able to install v17.6 it will be to reflash the os.

• Unfortunately you would need to go back to a very old image e.g. last version of Open ATV 6.2 - this will still have KODI 17.6 in the plugins. I have had no problems with it though. I am hoping once the newer images e.g. OpenATV 6.5 are fully working with KODI 19, this will fix the issue but not holding out much hope

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!