(dvbapi) ERROR: Can't open device /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 (errno=16 Device or resource busy)

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,835 times. The last Post () by balanga.

• Official Post

As explained in the thread you linked, something other than oscam is using the device. Multiple instances of oscam (can happen when starting oscam from the webinterface) or another softcam (ncam, Cccam etc).

Kill then restart oscam again in telnet to see if it rules out multiple instances.

If you have other softcams running stop those so oscam can take control of the device.

Which softcams are currently running ?

How do you have oscam configured?

Which device or resource is busy?

• The device is /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 but I don't know what that refers to.

I'm running oscam version 1.20_svn, build r11581 (arm-oe-linux-gnueabi), although my /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-stable is a bit of a mess after making many attempts at getting it working so I'm tempted to start again from scratch.

As for configuration, do you mean any file in particular?

• OpenATV 6.3 (20210113) on Zgemma H7S...

Just noticed that after a hard reset Oscam started working again.

your oscam config and oscam log needed

i just restarted the log - I believe it has a lot of debug info, so I've had to truncate it to fit:-

your oscam config and oscam log needed

oscam.conf:-

• Official Post

Just as a tip for DreamOS users with this issue.

Make sure Dccamd is removed from the image.

apt-get remove dccamd

• The device is /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 but I don't know what that refers to.

Do you have readers in oscam.server that are just examples and aren`t being used for anything? If so remove them.

As I mentioned, my oscam configuration is a bit of a mess, so I thought I would try and reinstall, but am having trouble figuring out how....

As I recall, I install it via Plugins -> softcams -> oscam-stable

but I get errors... Just wondered installation of plugins is logged anywhere...

• my oscam configuration is a bit of a mess, so I thought I would try and reinstall,

You don`t need to re-install oscam, just configure it properly.

Use a basic configuration.

linuxsat-support.com/filebase/file/583/

Add your cccam readers to oscam.server,, nothing else.

My oscam directory and configuration is now very simplified and works very well. Thank you very much for your help.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!