DM920UHD-4K - "Tuning ... Failed!"

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,395 times. The last Post () by Melgas.

• #

Hello,

DM920UHD-4K

Merlin-4 OE2.5

I have two satellite dishes, capturing three satellites: Astra 19.2E + Hotbird 13.0E + Hispasat 30.0W. In addition to these satellite dishes, I have cable reception (terrestrial).

I am in need of your help.

My Box is new. It was purchased at SatKing (Germany) on 01/03/2021.

This Box, has been working well, without any problems.

But, about three days ago, I started having problems with changing channels. When I switch from a Cable Channel to a Satellite Channel, this error appears: "Tuning ... Failed!". And the Channel does not open.

Then I go to Tuner Settings -» Reception Settings", open the settings, confirming with double OK, and the Satellite Channel, selected, opens.

I can then run the satellite channels without error. The error appears only in the transition from a cable channel to a satellite channel.

I appreciate your tips.

Thank you very much. Hugs.

#

• DM920UHD-4K

Мерлин-4 OE2.5

I do not recommend installing this image, it has not been updated for a long time, the team believes that not enough changes have passed to do something..

from the images of dream OS current: official image, NN2, Dream elite, PiterPen:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

I never use such tuner settings in the receivers on the Enigme2 as you have in the photo

I would set the tuner settings this way and no other way

look at my screenshot

1 advanced mode

2 satellite-30w, lnb-1, Diseqc -1.0 Committed diseqc command-AA

satellite-13E, lnb-2, Diseqc -1.0 Committed diseqc command-AB

satellite-19E, lnb-3, Diseqc -1.0 Committed diseqc command-BA

• #

Hello hecha71.

I was, yesterday and today, in an "install + uninstall + reinstall" of several OE2.5 images, for the DM920UHD4K.

Merlin4 + PeterPan + Newnigma2 + DreamElite.

With all Images, the same error. Weird.

It couldn't be. So I started doing screenings, looking for the error. And I found out.

It is in the Skin Plugin "HDGlass17".

After installing this Plugin and configuring it, the error appeared.

I entered the Plugin, did the "reset" to the configuration, and the error disappeared.

Thanks for the tips and help.

Hug.

#

DM920-UHD4K + SF8008-UHD4K

• try first restore online from dreamelitte ,after install dreamelitte 7.1 and not install any skin

http://images.dream-elite.net/

Edited 2 times, last by jhon32 ().

• #

Hi

I reopen this question, because I have news about it.

Namely, about the exact problem, because the same is happening:

#

In this case - channel selection with PIP - this is a bug in enigma2 (already very old).

When using enigma2 with a "triple" tuner, it does not release the tuner after the PIP and, "Tuning ... Failed", appears.

So I have 2 solutions:

1. Do not use any type of channel selection with PIP.

2. Do not use the triple tuner on the DM920.

The triple tuner is a good option, but for use on the DM900, where there is only one tuner slot.

The DM920 has two slots for tuners:

So I can use a dual DVB-S2 tuner + a tuner DVB-T2 / C.

#

As I have a DM900UHD (defective), with a double DVB-S2 tuner + a DVB-T2 / C, can these tuners be installed on the DM920UHD, without any problems?

If so, will they be easy to replace / install?

I waiting for your information.

Thanks

#

DM920-UHD4K + SF8008-UHD4K

• In order to use PIP you must have 2 cables or you can have PIP only for the channels on the same frequency. I guess you have a diseq 4/1 (with 3 occupied ports - 30w, 19e and 13e) and a single cable coming from it. Correct? Then the tuner must be set in simple mode and you set the corresponding port for each satellite; A, B or C.
    The tuner on the dm900 can also be used on the dm920. It changes very easily.

p.s: Merlin image is very good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!