Looking for help with a Wetek Play 1

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 858 times. The last Post () by eskibrew.

• I have a Wetek with a problem and I came here after finding this thread "Wetek play update" in google. Does anyone know where it is possible to get the files which Compo mentions? - WeTek OS Firmware .zip, recovery.img and factory_update_param.aml ??

I have searched and searched but all the links I can find now seem to be dead ends...

I have a Wetek Play 1 which I have used for years with LibreElec, booting from an SD card. Some time ago it stopped booting from the SD card and I could only get the ancient Android interface. I have tried replacing the SD card with a new one with a new installation on it but no luck. If I view the SD card from the Android system, I can see files on it so I know that is "seen".

I therefore suspect that the Wetek has had a problem at some point and recovered to an old version of the Android system which does not allow booting from the SD card. I am therefore trying to update the Android system to a newer version which does allow booting from SD card.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

• Official Post

i have attached what i had in my old files, i have long since binned the wetek, hopefully it is some help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldqv…%20WITH%20SERIAL.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp4q…7p/uboot-signed5.zip?dl=0

• i have attached what i had in my old files, i have long since binned the wetek, hopefully it is some help.

Thank you for doing that :-)

In between posting my problem and seeing your reply, I spotted another thread here which I thought was interesting (here).

I downloaded that and put it on an SD card and it updated to OpenElec which is a huge step forward.

I then put LibreElec latest version back on the SD card and rebooted and it's working again!!! - I'm really pleased :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!