how to send restart command...

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,499 times. The last Post () by s1m0nw.

• feel like a tit asking this....

I got round this the last time I had bother with it but any of the ways i can think of arent working.

Got a gigablue se 800hd just flashed it with openmips image got cccam on and my bouquets but all channels are greyed out and displaying tuner error but I know this is because it needs to send a reload settings command.

How do I get round this?

cheers

• in a telnet session - log in to receiver - when you are messing with changing files you can do an 'init 4' command, which will allow you to edit stuff while the receiver is suspended, and when you are done, do an 'init 3' command which should reset it allowing you to use the new configuration.

Not tried this on the openmips but it is quite generic.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• do an init 4 command, then delete the existing files, then replace with the settings you are trying to load, then do an init 3 command. I usually delete the lamedb and files ending with .tv and .radio in the /etc/enigma2 folder, and then paste the ones from the downloaded settings in their place - the satellites.xml file in /etc/tuxbox would be replaced with the one in the settings list too - then do an init 3 command - try rebooting the receiver as well

• lets see if i did that right...

did init 4 command
    navigated to /etc/enigma2 and deleted files ending .tv and .radio and the lamedb file using filezilla
    opened my settings and pasted the whole thing apart from satelites.xml into /etc/enigma2
    satelites.xml pasted into /var/tuxbox

once all that was done back to telnet and enter init 3, the box rebooted itself and for extra measure I pulled the plug left it about a minute plug it back in.

Outcome - same as before bouquet list appears white but if i select a channel it appear with tuner error and all the bouquet greys out.

Checked me settings for a millionth time

single
    sat - 28.2e
    send discq - yes

• sounds like you are doing it right - next thing would be your right boot! - I would maybe look at factory reset - or deleting everything in /var/tuxbox - then try again.. keep trying - from what I have seen in your posts s1m0nw if anyone would get it sorted it is yourself!

• can you explain why the reset command using dbedit isnt working?? tells me to check ip address which is plain daft considering its just transferred bouquet right before initialising the reload command.

• I think you need to look at the ip address of the http port - it is default at 80, not sure about the openmips but if it is something different in the webinterface you need to change that setting accordingly in the dbedit configs.

on the dbedit configs - you can go to the ftp part of the options and set more options for resetting the box- just a case of experimenting - I haven't used dbedit with openmips, but worth messing around!

• after a wee bit of messing about I got it going although not sure what was missing it was either the lamedb file or satellites.xml file.

I used dreambox frontend prog loaded bouquets to bouquets folder on desktop then opened an older version dreambox edit loaded bouquet to this program and then sent it to my sat box and then hit send custom telnet command.

2 errors i made I never checked the create lamedb and satellites.xml.

ah you live and learn

thanks for helping me out musogeek!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!