Problems getting Irish Digital DVB-T1 channels on OpenATV 6.4

• I recently upgraded my SAB Unix Triple HD from OpenATV 6.0 to OpenATV 6.4, and I lost the ability to view Irish digital terrestrial DVB-T1 channels. The applies to SD and HD both of which are broadcast over DVB-T1 in Ireland under the brand Saorview.

I tried various fixes including: restoring my bouquets from backups, using older and newer versions of terrestrial.xml, and using the TerrestrialScan plugin. But nothing worked.

What did work was copying the spark7162.ko module from an OpenATV 6.0 image to OpenATV 6.4. It's not a complete fix, tuning still doesn't work, but at least I can view my terrestrial channels.

I though I'd mention this here as it looks like there's a bug in recent versions of the spark7162 kernel object.

I'm using the most recent image: openatv-6.4-sabtriple-20210330_usb.zip

(Thanks for image btw, it's very stable and works very well!)

• master G

Approved the thread.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!