H9S to replace Humax FoxSat HDR?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 567 times. The last Post () by Willo3092.

• I am thinking of scrapping Humax Foxsat PVR (2 satellite tuners) for something better. I am thinking of Zgemma's H9S. Would this device be able to record two programmes at the same time as Humax Foxsat does? Can the H7S accept the existing LNB (2 cable feeds)?

Another thing: Does this H7S have the series link, so I don't miss any serial programmes?

If H9S is a good choice, can you recommend which version of H9S please?

Thank you all.

• Official Post

You mention 2 boxes there, the H7 would be better for you needs IMO, it has internal hdd capability.

yes your sat feeds should work fine with those 2 feeds you mention

Series link can be setup with a plugin, but be warned, enigma2 takes a lot of getting used to, but it is far more capable and opens up a whole new world.

Take some time to browse the forum

https://www.world-of-satellite…ceivers/zgemma/zgemma-h7s

• The Zgemma H9 Twin also has twin sat tuners and an internal hdd bay.

Series link (autotimer) is preinstalled on most images.

Oh thank you for your help.

So, in a nutshell, the Zgemma H9 Twin could do what the Humax FoxSat can do (and more of course as Humax doesn't have plugins or all those extras)?

Does H9 Twin do the following:

1. It can record TWO channels at the SAME time (due to two tuner inputs)?

2. Could I watch a playback from the internal HDD while H9 is recording the two programmes, at the same time?

3. The H9 can use the existing twin cable from existing LNB (a case of unplugging Humax and plugging in H9)?

The Humax could do 1 and 2 above, but as my Humax is showing its age, with screen freezes or missing channels on EPG, even after I have retuned and saved it, it disappears after switching it on the next day which is very annoying (hence time for me to replace the Humax). :)

£84 is an excellent price for a Humax Foxsat replacement.

Thanks so much.

• His humax EPG ITV and ITV HD and ITV 2 went missing but his humax same as mine but mine is ok but both of us same custom firmware? Any suggestion to help him how to get his ITV, ITV HD, and ITV 2 to remain on EPG next day, the day after! Seem very strange by Humax EPG removed his ITV HD, ITV, ITV 2 for no reason explain? his recording will be affect by this!

• Yes, the H9 Twin can do all of the above and it also has a slot for an sdcard for extra storage or instead of using a hdd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!