What factors should I take into account before buying an Enigma2 receiver ?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 529 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hi everyone, I'd like to ask for your help in knowing what to take into account before buying a Linux/Enigma2 receiver since I'm very confused about specs (tuners, type of sintonizer/s, Python version, Kodi, etc.) Please, could you tell me what factors I must know before buying a receiver ?

I have tried looking online and from what I've seen, HiSilicon CPUs must be avoided because they cause problems. The No. of tuners (if someone doesn't mind explaining this too) is equal to the number of devices which can be connected to the receiver to watch TV from them (but I don't know if the tuners are independent from each other so that in my TV, I can watch channel 1 whereas in my phone I can watch channel 2 at the same time and if this works well). I would really appreciate your help since I am really lost.

• List your specific requirements and we would recommend something, but from your post you may be looking for a twin satellite tuner receiver.

Do you want to record much? Is an internal HDD a must? Or is a USB HDD ok?

Not sure why you've posted 'HiSilicon CPUs must be avoided because they cause problems', as this is totally untrue and you've been mis-informed. Our best selling receivers actually have Hisilicon CPU's.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Have you got satellite or cable
    When looking for satellite boxes you will need to buy the appropriate included tuners. S or C
    Most models do variations of tuners depending on what you want.
    If satellite have you got at least a dual LNB if you want to watch/record 2 channels at the same time.

1 tuner - you can only watch the same channel thats playing on your box, or on the same transponder.

2 tuners - you can watch/record a completely different channel.

Whats your budget.

Do you plan to watch ...

freesat - that will work out of the box once your box is setup.

scrambled channels - a card sharing line would be need to be sourced - but this doesn't show the main sky channels anymore . Although underground providers do exist for full sky now.

IPTV - IPTV provider would need to be sourced - then you just download an iptv plugin/player. IPTV will be usually limited to one device at a time though unless you buy a multi room line.

Card sharing and IPTV sources don't get discussed on this forum though.

As for mobile phone viewing - if on the same wifi there are lots of apps you can just download on your phone to view your STB channels. In android store or apple store just do a search for enigma2.

Hisilicon CPUs are the norm. Don't believe everything you read on the net.

Buy a quad core box if you can afford it, you will certainly notice the speed benefit.

For your first box the octagon SF8008 or zgemma H7s 4k is probably suitable for your needs if you got a dual lnb sateliite.
    They only about £110 (ish)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!