PosterX - POSTER SUPPORT FOR SKINS

There are 81 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,629 times. The last Post () by digiteng.

• Code
    Isn't it possible without xtraevent plugin, for example, we throw nitro skins into the poster renderer, it is cleaned when the device is turned off, it is active again when axilin is activated again, I use xtraevent, even though it is on usb, the device is scratching, the event ends, is there nothing like it directly without xtraevent?
  • check here...

Code
    Isn't it possible without xtraevent plugin, for example, we throw nitro skins into the poster renderer, it is cleaned when the device is turned off, it is active again when axilin is activated again, I use xtraevent, even though it is on usb, the device is scratching, the event ends, is there nothing like it directly without xtraevent?
  • Is this plugin actively maintained anymore?

Which version is meant to be the working version? Which post?

I was just messing around with this today, and pretty much rewrote it all as personally I couldn't get any of them to work on openatv 6.4 python 2.7

Then looking at some of the other skin threads, I notice people like beber have been tweaking there own versions.

Now I am completely confused.

digiteng  biko  beber

And I don't want to upload my own amends, as thats going to confuse things even more.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• attached last i use for Nitro

only problem what i missing is cinema site for Arabic content which is on xtraevent and not on poster_X

second to have same poster name to be used on one folder by to renders

• this is the the simplest form of the code...

pstr.py

but,

TV channels do not give their movie-series names in their original form...it needs to be filtered...

then everyone wants to download posters in their language...this is being added...

It is necessary to determine whether the event is a movie or a series...

If there is, the year is added..etc..etc..

I also added a lot of downloads in the background...

became posterx...

Of course, everyone is free to change the code as they wish...

it seems to me that just filtering the event name is enough...

even in this state, it can be found with a high degree of accuracy... except for special cases...

the code in the first post is working...new tested...

options;

path="/media/hdd/poster/"

language="en"

nexts="1"

size="185,278"

Code
    <widget source="session.Event_Now" render="PosterX" position="40,140" size="185,278" path="/media/hdd/poster/" zPosition="9" /
  • As digiteng has mentioned. His official release is on post 1.

See first post of how and where to use.

This is just my experiments with his code.

Fully linted the file.

Your code checked for internet connection, but didn't actually stop if no internet.

Your applyskin function is only reading data, so no need to apply attribs. Find source isn't the best way of finding the source component.
    Like others have done I have used components.sources libraries to check.

I have wrote in a set of valid images sizes that will be used to download poster based on the user skin width size.

(185, 200, 300, 342, 500)

Size values in skin can now be anything if still 1:1.5 ratio and will pick nearest valid size image to download.

I only create the event name, and serviceref once, then these arguments are passed to all other functions. So no repeating code.

File names of posters are cleaned to prevent illegal characters
    I have kept in your big regex replacer, but I don't think its need any more.

TV words are checked before movie words. I found this gave better results overall.

TMBD query string is now wrapped in quotes

If TV or Movie search fails, I try again with Multi search

I ignore any event that has the word "news" in it. Lots of incorrect results otherwise.

Lots of refs have a backdrop artwork and no main poster, I download the backdrop artwwork and squash it up. Better than nothing I suppose.

I have kept your skin sources the same (for backwards compatibility), but eventview and epgselection will only work if the poster is already downloaded as the change function doesn't start downloading for these screens. (That would require some more code). Using source="Event" makes things difficult. :/

There is no autobouquets mass download like other chaps have been doing.

Backup any original posterx.py files if you want to compare with my version

I presume this doesn't work on dreamboxes due to the use of threading.
    You could get around that with twisted downloadpage. But as downloadpage is defunct in the latest version of twisted, we are all screwed on working out an alternative universal background downloader.

** I have updated the file as today it seems lots of channels titles are prefixed with "New: ". So fixed that **

• Thanks KiddaC

it's very light when zapping, get poster with less than second

Now name of poster by both renders (xtraevent & X) have same name Adds the advantage of benefiting from the posters downloaded from any of the renderers

i have strange issue , i have same poster for now and next event

Code
    <widget source="session.Event_Now" render="PosterB" position="31,769" size="192,277" path="/media/hdd/pooster/" nexts="10" language="en" zPosition="2"/>        

<widget source="session.Event_Next" render="PosterB" position="1698,764" size="197,282" path="/media/hdd/pooster/" nexts="10" language="en" zPosition="2"/>

i add some arabic word at same meaning like

series = مسلسل

episode = حلقه

show = عرض

documentary = وثائقي

program = برنامج

movie = فيلم

and Arabic poster is identical 60% which is good

there is posters by name incomprehensible and meaningless as (ظٹط§ ظ…ط§ ط§ظ†طھ ظƒط±ظٹظ… ظٹط§ط±ط¨)

However, if it was possible to add the search to Arabic content, it would be a very wonderful thing

00.jpg

Thanks again :clapping hands:

• I was just intrigued by this plugin as someone had asked me to add it into my skins. Although my skins are not really designed to add in extra elements.

My reply was to do it themselves. But as I have never tried it myself, thought I would have a play and see what it was doing.

I just tweaked things as I was having a play around with it.

As you know biko I am a busy man, and I got my own plugins to tweak. Not enough minutes in the day for me to be spending much time on other projects.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I was just intrigued by this plugin as someone had asked me to add it into my skins. Although my skins are not really designed to add in extra elements.

My reply was to do it themselves. But as I have never tried it myself, thought I would have a play and see what it was doing.

I just tweaked things as I was having a play around with it.

As you know biko I am a busy man, and I got my own plugins to tweak. Not enough minutes in the day for me to be spending much time on other projects.

all appreciation ....

Yes, I know the time problem we all have...

If you find the time, it will be a good thing ..

• Same problem for me: same poster for now and next event... But, sorry biko , ... but this problem was not solved ??

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

• I will have some experience and advice on this subject...

- "urllib (2)" uses the lightest...least cpu to download files...

- "start_new_thread" is a good option for background download. It's lighter than "Thread"....prevents spinner from working...

"eTimer" can be used as an alternative...but I don't remember why I didn't use it...it's been a while...

- event name filtering, each added was born out of a requirement...

Based on satellite broadcasts on 13 and 19e... added by a russian friend for russian channels...

the code that doesn't download a lot in the background seems to be faster...

it will have to update both that code and this one...

in the next days...I don't know when it will happen...

• dear developer @digiteng

hope you fine and in good health

With reference to your development to support the components of the skins, I would like to inquire or suggest an idea

Now we have a problem with the names of the channel events according to the country to which the channel belongs

Therefore, we find the names of the events in different languages, and sometimes the poster does not recognize them, and they appear in an incomprehensible language on the infobar.

Is there a possibility to develop an skin component (converter-render) that translates the name of the event as stb language in the background and for a specific number of channels, for example the bouquet, so that fetching the translation does not cause any delays while zaping channels

• Hello your work is admirable, both plugin posterX and xtraEvent are great I know it is difficult to find a solution for everyone but I ask anyway. 1. Would it be possible to search the posters for specific channels only, ie only movie channels and not spor or news... with a filter for programs and not just bouquets? 2.I use Romanian EPG and TV and not all posters are found or wrong posters... partly TMDB is better partly iMbd... There is a site Cinemagia.ro there is all the programs and movies in Romanian...could get the info and poster not get there 3. or search with EPG information controls, the original film title is available Thank you for your support and feedback

Edited once, last by master G: Please respect the forum rules and post in English only! ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!